Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
December 02, 2021, 12:57:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Do you believe . . .

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe . . .  (Read 248 times)
Omnia
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:29:04 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

in reincarnation?

Is there anyone here who believes, [as I do] of  an immortal soul that
returns again and again to this world of physical reality?
Today I came across this book, which I found interesting as I'm writing a small piece
about it . . .

" In this astounding book, Same Soul, Many Bodies, Brian Weiss, one of the first doctors to explore the past lives of his patients as a means of therapy, reveals how past and present lives can affect our future lives, and how our future lives can transform us in the here and now.

We have all lived past lives. All of us will live future ones. What we do in this life will influence our lives to come as we evolve toward immortality.

Dr. Weiss knows this is true because recently he has not only regressed his patients into the past, but has progressed them into the future. And what they have discovered is that our futures are variable, so the choices we make now will determine the quality of life when we return.

Using dozens of case histories, Dr. Weiss demonstrates the therapeutic benefits of progression, just as he has proved that journeys into our past lives can alleviate or cure our physical and emotional wounds in the present.

This is a revolutionary book, building on Dr. Weiss's discoveries about the past, which will take his millions of readers into an individual and collective future which they themselves will create."

Anyone want to give their opinion?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

bella
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 11:42:58 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

sorta kinda maybe
Report Spam   Logged
Omnia
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:40:06 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, I believe in an immortal soul that returns again and again to this world of physical
reality, and that the choice of living in this body is in and of itself, a prayerful state of being,
whether the incarnated one is conscious of that truth or not.

I believe that the soul incarnates to give physical form to a spark of the Creator,
and the living out in the flesh of that spark's brilliance is the soul's essential aim ~
its spiritual life practice.

I believe that at some point of our evolution through time and space,
each being/soul  reawakens to a realisation of the sacredness of all life . . .
and from then on recognises that every action  ~ indeed one's entire life, is an act of devotion
whose true goal is to find and demonstrate the divinity inherent in humanity. 

I believe that when one reaches this level of awareness,
the vibrational level of one's being is raised onto the spiral of the divine.
That is what I believe.

BMC ~

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 10:19:00 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

At one time, I was opened to listening to all sort of different theories about life after death until I studied the Bible and found out the true condition of the dead, so no, I do not believe people lived before in past lives and get reborn. Life starts at conception and ends [for now] at death.

The fact that these people who believe they lived before and on investigation, it turns out their stories match history, tells me one thing and that is, their stories aren’t coming from a memory of theirs but rather, fallen angels giving them messages. Lol, Probably something you don’t want to hear, necessarily, but that is my understanding of my studies of the Bible.

I do love to use “pass lives” to write interesting stuff on the boards in flame games, but I am just making it up for fun.

With all due respect though, I believe these people got the idea of past lives as Jesus lived in heaven BEFORE he came down to us and that is related in the whole Colossians chapter 1. The Bible doesn’t say anyone else did…ONLY Jesus Christ.

Mormons believe all humans were once angels and get sent to earth to be tested. Depending on how good they are while living in their fleshly bodies down amongst the others, gives them a higher rank in heaven….What can I say? It isn’t for me to run around  and mock the ill informed, <snicker>….they also believe the first sin was sex……doh….they are basically blaming God for human death. They aren’t the only religion claiming to be Christian to believe that hairbrained idea, either.

The secret to ALL spiritual knowledge really lays in “getting” what happened in Eden…..people need to “get it” and unfortunately, the clergy class has failed them on that…possibly because MOST clergy don’t believe in it themselves having succumbed to the idea we evolved from apes..

I don’t like writing about all this too much on the net. It isn’t the way to spread these types of ideas as you cannot write fast enough, or explain well enough. To me this is a cumbersome way of “evangelizing” or getting into the nitty gritty of language….I admire people who can though..

Report Spam   Logged
skycloudnz

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 02:57:06 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

What does it mean to believe?
An idea in our brain that won't go away?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 06:00:16 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Believing takes time.

Praying and seeing the realization of prayers happen/answered, is what makes faith grow. Once or twice prayers being answered could BE PUT down to "coincidence" but when  prayes are answered many times, you just know there is something bigger than us that is invisible to us, looking after us, If YOU WANT IT.

That is my experience.
Report Spam   Logged
xelpmoc
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 08:06:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I believe it's possible.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 08:45:06 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why?
Report Spam   Logged

arete
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 11:15:43 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

No, I don't believe in it.  I believe we each have one life to live
and one opportunity to get it right.  I believe God created Adam &
Eve, I believe Eve sinned against God causing the need for redemption
of mankind.  I believe God sent his ONLY son to suffer on this earth
and die a painful death, shedding his holy blood for Y O U & me. 

I think the least we could do would be to acknowledge Him for all
He has done for us.
Report Spam   Logged
Outlawed
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 09:44:47 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

No, I don't believe in it.  I believe we each have one life to live
and one opportunity to get it right.  I believe God created Adam &
Eve, I believe Eve sinned against God causing the need for redemption
of mankind.  I believe God sent his ONLY son to suffer on this earth
and die a painful death, shedding his holy blood for Y O U & me. 

I think the least we could do would be to acknowledge Him for all
He has done for us.

U believe "Eve" sinned? What about the other dude, "Adam" where does he come into the equation?
Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 11:17:48 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

He sinned too but she was the instigator.   Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Demeters Daughter

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 07:31:38 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I used to be Catholic, and I used to believe all that Jesus stuff. I don't anymore. Studying different religions over the years and informing myself, I've leaned more toward Wicca and the earth-based religions. But, like Caskur, I don't like to discuss this on the net, there's way too much room for misunderstanding. I've been called everything from witch to devil worshiper because I wear a pentacle - people don't understand that Wicca is not devil worship. But whatever.

As for reincarnation, no, I don't believe it. I think we all get one shot, and that's it. We have free will to make decisions between right and wrong, and everyone has their own moral compass. I'm not sure what happens when we die, but I'd like to believe that we are reunited with those we love, and are able to watch over and help those we left behind. I've had experiences of feeling that my late friends and relatives were around still, and no, it wasn't when I was getting high (drug and alcohol use actually hinders your ability to sense these things).

Interesting topic. I'd like to hear more from the others on this.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 08:06:00 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Spiritual topics are interesting topics to everyone except atheists who want to shove their religion down everyone's gob....Ares Abani on another board calls them "monkey people"....it is so funny....I love the way that Tennessee broad has away of expressing herself.

Arete, the Bible says "Eve" was deceived but Adam was not.

She isn't the instigator Satan was....and through ONE man, "Adam," brought sin into the world.....that is what the Bible says so I didn't make it up.

I can look up that Scripture that says it is Adam's fault not Eves...but later....
Report Spam   Logged
Demeters Daughter

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 08:14:49 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I view the Bible as a set of analogies. I don't think it was meant to be taken literally, although I run into a lot of evangelists who claim just the opposite).

I also believe Jesus was an awesome man, a great person who did great things. But I just don't believe he was God incarnate, and I think his crucifixion was a political assassination. If you look at the political climate of the time in which he was supposedly living, that's the conclusion you will come to. I also view it as a suicide, if he really thought he could stop it and didn't.

But like I said, I don't like discussing religion, on the internet or irl. You can't argue with people's beliefs - faith is belief in the absence of proof, and if someone has that, you can't argue them out of it, nor should you try.

I also don't care for pushy atheists. They think that because they can fall back on science (supposedly) that they're smarter than people who abide by a different viewpoint or have faith in something they can't see. Some of the greatest thinkers and philosophers through the ages have been men of faith - Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, Voltaire... Blaise Pascal even tried to come up with mathematical proof of the existence of God (and failed). Many philosophers have tried and failed to prove or disprove the existence of a higher power. So people who are atheists who think they're more intelligent than those of us who believe in something inexplicable might want to hit the library and study up.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 09:13:44 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

He isn't God. He never claimed to be God. He said he was the God's son....later the Bible says he was the first born of all creation, hence he had a pre-human existence. God created him first. He was sent to earth to buy back what Adam lost....He has been given the Kingship in Heaven until the Kingdom is handed back to his father when everything is perfect again...it is all in the Bible....I don't know why religions teach he is Almighty God....no where in the Bible does it EVER say Jesus is God...it says Jesus is a "Mighty God"  [Prince of Peace and so on] but it also talks about Satan being the God of this system of things....all spirits are Gods. God is a title like "Mister"

scuse my typing it seems I am too distracted to type properly and need to edit all my posts.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!