Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
December 06, 2021, 08:29:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Obama Lifts Bans on Abortion Funds...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Lifts Bans on Abortion Funds...  (Read 192 times)
caskur
Administrator

« on: January 23, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Good thing or not members?

The Arabs will love this one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

US President Barack Obama has lifted a ban on providing federal funding to foreign family planning organisations that facilitate abortion.

The US is one of the biggest supporters of family planning programmes globally, but former president George W Bush blocked funds for abortion services.

Powerful anti-abortion groups in the US have criticised the lifting of the ban.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

arete
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 06:56:31 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I criticize it as well.  I think it's a horribe thing to do.

Obama is our President now & I know I have to respect
that but he is Americas Pimp.  If Clinton didn't succeed
completely in selling us down the river, Obama will.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:15:39 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I gather you are not pro-choice then Arete?
Report Spam   Logged

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:41:20 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Obama may also authorize abortions for women as far along as nine months into their pregnancy.
Report Spam   Logged
caskurô
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:33:34 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Obama may also authorize abortions for women as far along as nine months into their pregnancy.

I can't believe that. Abortions in Australia are only carried out on pregnancies less that 12 weeks....

Abortions on women after that would only be because the baby had died inside the mother which is very common and horrendous for the poor mum.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 04:20:27 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I had a friend whose daughter carried around a dead child inside her.

It was her first baby. She didn't know there was anything wrong.

When there was no movement she went to the Doctor and they examined her

and the baby was dead. Before they could remove it she had to carry around

a dead baby inside her. It was a gruesome thing and for a first, taxing on her

emotions. Had she born in another century, she would have eventually died.

Women in that situation need specialized care.  That is what abortion hospitals

are for and when they go into them, people protesters hound them at the door.

Report Spam   Logged

caskurô
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 07:39:24 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I know a woman who had 9 spontaneous abortions. That is the medical term for miscarriage. She didn't know that, so when she saw her medical files and that was written on it with the connotation to the word "abortion" she broke down......I think she ended up having a baby when she was nearly 40....some woman can't carry babies so healthy babies abort themselves. I feel sorry for them.
Report Spam   Logged
d

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 04:55:19 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Abortions should be treated with care.

There are many cases where Women should/could/might abort....contracteption is not a reason.
Report Spam   Logged

caskurô
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 05:23:52 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are many cases where Women should/could/might abort....contracteption is not a reason.

that is why they have the morning after pill.

remember when some guy in England refused to sell a woman the morning after pill?
Report Spam   Logged
Omnia
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 05:31:19 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Although I believe a woman should be allowed to choose freely to have a termination,
I disagree with termination of pregnancy due to the 'wrong' sex of a child, or because
the parents say they cannot 'afford' it.
I disagree with late terminations too . . . once the 'spirit' has entered into the child in the womb
it must be allowed to continue it's journey into this life.
Report Spam   Logged
caskurô
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 06:11:48 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I knew a woman who got pregnant right after the 4th child was born and ALL her children were by Cesarean and probably at the time the copper seven was implanted, she said...meaning, it failed to work....anyway, she had to have an abortion because the doctors said if she carried the baby to term she might die having a 5th cesarean....well, she was pretty upset by all that because she believed babies were from God....she was a former nurse as well......but her husband said he'll stand by any decision she makes and sure enough, she went ahead and took the doctors advice......

there are lots of horrible reasons for having abortions besides contraception....and yes, that is the most stupiest reason of all. 

Years back one neighbour did that...she had 10 abortions altogether THAT I KNOW OF...she always claimed she forgot the pill but I think she didn't like taking it because at the age of 14, her catholic school class scared the girls, telling them if they took the pill they could have a stroke from it....she has 8 children now...
Report Spam   Logged
bella
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 09:36:58 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

i agree w/ dazz. 

i, personally, am pro life but i am not going to tell another woman what to do w/ her body.
Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 09:54:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

It has nothing to do with me being pro choice or
pro life----I don't want to pay for other countries
women to kill their babies.  That's just not what
I had in mind for the money that I go to work for!
I'm all for helping eachother but I should not be
forced to pay for unessessary procedures for
the women abroad.  I would much rather
 spend my money on teaching women to have
self respect & avoid an unwanted pregnancy to
begin with & things like that!  I think it's only proper
to take care of my house first.  We have enough women
who need help here!

Also---I don't care for the fact that I'm going to have to pay
for the whole world to have digital tv & a world news
station so we all can listen to what obama or the satanic
pope have to say.

Thanks but no thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
bella
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:47:10 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

digital tv / abortion  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 02:08:34 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

President Obama may not want the issue of abortion and reproductive rights to be a major focus early in his presidency, but he and his party quickly put it in the spotlight.

Within a week of being sworn in, he lifted the Bush administration's ban on federal funding for international family planning programs that provide abortion information or counseling to clients.

He tried to do it on the sly, perhaps out of sensitivity to the thousands who marched for life in Washington last Thursday, but he signed the executive order late in the day Friday, as if it would be lost amid other headlines.

The Vatican, along with pro-life leaders rightly condemned the president's move. The ban has come and gone between Democrat and Republican administrations since President Reagan first initiated it in 1984.

We accept that abortion is not likely to be outlawed and it should be available to women or girls in cases of **** or incest or to protect the life of the mother.

That said, abortion should be rare, and it should play no part in family planning. Abortion should never be a method of birth control, and our tax dollars should not go to organizations that counsel it is. And so we strongly oppose lifting the ban.

Abortion should not be an easy choice. "Getting rid of a baby" raises many complex questions, involving two lives. Scientific innovations that have allowed us to observe the miraculous development of a baby from conception to birth underscore the consequences of choosing abortion.
Obama says that soon his administration "will initiate a fresh conversation on family planning," in hopes of finding some common ground. He says he has "no desire to continue the stale and fruitless debate" over abortion.

But he made another promise during the campaign: to sign into law the Freedom of Choice Act, which, if passed by Congress, would effectively end all prohibitions against abortion prior to fetal viability.

We hope the president will reconsider. People are not unfeeling about the problems - even tragic consequences - attendant to some women or girls who find themselves pregnant. Individual members of this editorial board are opposed to abortion on both religious and moral grounds and believe respect for life should begin at conception. But collectively as a board we understand not all Americans, or even all faiths, share that belief.

The Freedom of Choice Act, however, would have radical consequences. It would likely spell the end of parental notification laws many Americans, and surely most parents, support. These laws require girls under age 18 to tell a parent they are contemplating ending a pregnancy. Some opponents even claim it would call into question the law outlawing partial-birth abortion, the barbaric procedure that takes the life of a baby in the last days of a late-term pregnancy. That's not entirely clear, but the law does allow, if not encourage, abortion on demand before fetal viability.

Certainly the president must contend with abortion advocacy groups and even powerful members of Congress, such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who made headlines last weekend for supporting a provision of the economic stimulus package that would expand Medicaid coverage of family planning programs. Republicans panned her, properly questioning how family planning would stimulate the economy. Obama, ever the pragmatist, agreed to take the offensive measure out of the proposal.

Obviously the abortion question remains an emotional, highly controversial issue. Obama can't change that. But we do wish the president had addressed it with more respect for those who don't want their tax dollars paying to encourage a procedure they consider immoral.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jan/29/na-obamas-abortion-politics/

We accept that abortion is not likely to be outlawed and it should be available to women or girls in cases of **** or incest or to protect the life of the mother.

I agree. When certain religious laws were made, they had no way of helping pregnancies gone wrong and it would have been ludicrous to try and operate on people's bodies when those Biblic laws were written. They had no way of helping them deliver safely, pregnancies gone hideously wrong. But these days, with the help available to correct them, it should be implemented, where possible.

Over the thousands of years of human existence, many women have died from complications of being pregnant. That left many motherless children.

It is not MEN who risk their lives giving birth, it is women.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!