Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
October 27, 2021, 12:08:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Britain Bows to Muslims, Installs 'Asian Squat Toilets'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Britain Bows to Muslims, Installs 'Asian Squat Toilets'  (Read 20 times)
caskurô
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: July 18, 2010, 06:04:49 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Britain Bows to Muslims, Installs 'Asian Squat Toilets'   

For centuries, the great British loo has been a matter of envy to the rest of the world.

Thanks to the efforts of pioneers like the legendary Thomas Crapper, we have long since led the world in comfort and hygiene.

Now, however, that could be about to change.

For most of us, the squat toilet is nothing more than a staple of horror stories about old-fashioned French service stations or the exploits of adventurous backpackers in far-flung parts of India.

But this basic form of plumbing, also known as a Turkish toilet or Nile pan, could be coming to a shopping centre near you - and all in the name of cultural sensitivity.

From next week, shoppers in Rochdale who push open the cubicle door expecting the reassuring sight of a modern, clean lavatory could instead be faced with little more than a hole in the ground.

Bosses of the Greater Manchester town's Exchange mall have installed two as part of an upgrade costing several thousand pounds after attending a cultural awareness course run by a local Muslim community activist.

A familiar sight in parts of the Middle East, and still sometimes seen in France and Italy, the toilets require users to squat above them, rather than sitting.

With one in ten of Rochdale's population of Pakistani or Bangladeshi origin, centre managers say they have been told some members of the local Asian community prefer them for cultural reasons.

Click Here To Read The Full Article

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

aWi$Ha

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:23:07 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Shocked riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... all I can say is that I'm glad I don't live in britain...  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

"But Awisha is right. I'm a piece of **** and I don't know what I'm talking about. She wins."   -  Whoopteedo 10:11am 18th July 2008
caskurô
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:40:09 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

How can old people "squat"?

too bad for people with one leg as well...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!