Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
October 17, 2021, 06:57:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Right to Die Case

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Right to Die Case  (Read 49 times)
marysez

« on: August 12, 2009, 10:56:55 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes....we have people in the same condition here as well....A friend of mine's mother finally died after 14 yrs in a state like this but she couldn't speak...and my cousins grandmother as well...

this year, my BIL as well...but he had only three weeks before they put him down with morphine.....he got brain damage after the revived him from a heart attack.

I am so, so sad for these people....to keep someone alive when they want to die is absolutely the most evil sick act I know and why? Why are they so afraid of death and dying?....I am talking about the people who won't help....

I now believe this to be one of the greatest evils of our time....to make people suffer when we can help them die....

Let them go....

death is only a temporary situation anyway, if you believe what the Bible says...

I am suspecting money is behind all this grief...money and jobs...how else can they justify what they do to people in vegetative states?

In this case, the man has all his faculties...they have refused him a hearing as of today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brightwater denies quadriplegic bedside court hearing

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,25913987-2761,00.html

Andrea Hayward

August 11, 2009 11:00am
A NURSING home has refused to allow a court hearing at the bedside of a quadriplegic man who has asked to be allowed to starve to death.

Perth lawyer John Hammond last week requested the hearing before West Australian Supreme Court Chief Justice Wayne Martin at the nursing home where 49-year-old Christian Rossiter is a patient.

The Brightwater Care Group has lodged an application seeking advice on whether its Perth northern suburbs nursing home should continue feeding Mr Rossiter, despite his wish to starve to death.

Mr Rossiter, who is totally paralysed, has described his situation as ``a living hell'' and has been pleading to be allowed to die since June.

Mr Hammond said on Tuesday he had been told Brightwater did not want the hearing held at the facility where Mr Rossiter is cared for.

``Principally they believed there wouldn't be enough room at the hospital to hold the hearing, that it would be traumatic for the patients and thirdly that there would be a risk of cross-infection for those coming into the hospital for the patients,'' Mr Hammond said.

``I don't accept any of those reasons ...''

Mr Hammond said Mr Rossiter was determined to make a trip to the Supreme Court for the Friday hearing despite the extreme inconvenience, which will involve taking carers and organising a private room at the court.

``He's more than prepared to take the trip to the court room even though that is going to involve a little bit of inconvenience and a lot of organisation,'' Mr Hammond said.

Public support stirred by Mr Rossiter's case had been encouraging for the once avid rockclimber and outdoor enthusiast, Mr Hammond said.

``It's very heartening for Christian because he wants the world to know what he is experiencing and he also hopes that the case will encourage others to take similar steps if they don't want to carry on with life because life may have nothing else for them,'' he said.

Mr Hammond said it was important to bear in mind Mr Rossiter was not asking to be euthanased.

``It's not the ideal situation but he's merely asking that he no longer accept any nutrients from the hospital,'' Mr Hammond told ABC Radio.

``He's not asking to be euthanased. He's asking if he can just stop eating.''

to keep someone alive when they want to die is absolutely the most evil sick act I know and why? Why are they so afraid of death and dying?i have asked this Same question caskur and i dO have some thoughts. one of them deals with a realme We as people can not taste touch or feel. i wonder if the entity that creates projects like mkultra r experimenting with this unknown realme.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!