Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 19, 2024, 06:08:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

A 10-year-old Indian girl was beheaded by her grandfather

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A 10-year-old Indian girl was beheaded by her grandfather  (Read 236 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: April 27, 2009, 10:51:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Anyone still believe all religions are the same ?  Angry

Granddaughter sacrificed for good harvest
April 28, 2009 - 11:13AM

A 10-year-old Indian girl was beheaded by her grandfather, who believed that sowing seeds mixed with her blood would yield a bumper crop.

The killing, spurred by age-old superstitions, took place on Sunday in the tribal region of Sambalpur, 450 kilometres west of Bhubaneshwar, the capital of Orissa state, the IANS news agency reported.

The barbaric crime was detected after the villagers caught the man, Rajesh Hembram, and handed him over to the police.

Hembram, who owned 1.2 hectares of farmland, planned to sow seeds mixed with the blood of his granddaughter on Monday on Akshaya Tritya, a day considered auspicious by Hindus, police said.

"He cut off his granddaughter Bernaka Kandulana's head with an axe in a room when nobody was at home and drained her blood into a pot," P.C. Nayak, a police inspector said.

"We found some seeds in a steel pot that were mixed with blood," he said. Police said the man was arrested and had admitted his crime.

India has a centuries-old tradition of human sacrifices to appease deities, gain prosperity or ward off evil. Some cases are still reported around the country.

In recent years, parents in Orissa sacrificed their two sons on advice of an occult practitioner that it would please the gods and bring them prosperity.

Cases of such sacrifices have also been reported from other states such as Uttar Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.

DPA

This story was found at:
 http://www.smh.com.au/world/granddaughter-sacrificed-for-good-harvest-20090428-akts.html   

Something to think about for all those who believe all cultures are equal!! 

Btw, I am becoming really aware of the number of Indians migrating to Australia.  A friend I used to work with who is an RN was telling me about a nursing home, just one of many actually, on the peninsula in which the workforce is almost all Indian.  I've noticed them in the supermarkets too.  You see them in large groups at the bus stops.  Not complaining if they're working, just wondering at this escalation in the numbers.  I just have never encountered so many on a daily basis before. 

I wrote a post similar to this and then pulled it...I'm glad you spoke up...the problem with our media and politicians, is they think other cultures are like us and publicize that and they're not like us...a lot them are so steep in superstition that can never be breed out of them....Christian missionaries, I have seen from time to time talk on ABC programs about the ones in New Guinea who they thought were "Christianized"...until someone in the village dies....then they revert back to their old custom of taking revenge out on a neighbouring tribe....when someone dies in these communities, there is no such thing as "natural causes"....it is always "evil spirits" who took a life so that must be avenged....and this is also an African belief too...

These people from Africa may be highly educated and STILL revert back to their superstitions....for instance, an African lawyer might develop AIDS and still go to the witch doctor who tells him porking a virgin will cure his AIDS....so the Highly educated lawyer, does it...rapes a 5 yr old.

I don't want them in my country....I don't mind visitors but I don't want them here, living and breeding and it shocks the hell out of me that others do....it has zero to do with skin colour and EVERYTHING to do with belief system....I don't give a **** what a person looks like but I sure as hell do give a **** what they believe.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Godfather

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:03:08 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why the **** are you behind indians?
and they are totally incomparable to africans.

and Obama is a Black president of a country of whitemen.
Report Spam   Logged

The war, its nt ovr yet :-(
But I aint a part of it anymore :-)

=== *   *  +++|
"==  *   * +     |/
"      **** +++ |\
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:09:48 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't get the question...who said I was "behind" Indians...I can't stand Indians.....I've kept an eye on that race for years...

I love their fantastic use of spices in food but that is the ONLY thing I like about them...LOL
Report Spam   Logged
Godfather

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:11:53 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ya, their food is tasty! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The war, its nt ovr yet :-(
But I aint a part of it anymore :-)

=== *   *  +++|
"==  *   * +     |/
"      **** +++ |\

Pages: [1]   Go Up