Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 19, 2024, 07:26:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Do you agree with Madonna adopting another African Child?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with Madonna adopting another African Child?  (Read 363 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: March 28, 2009, 12:00:01 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Madonna urged to rethink adoption

Madonna also has two biological children, Lourdes and Rocco
Pop star Madonna has been urged by Save the Children to reconsider her apparent plans to adopt another Malawian child.

Malawian officials have indicated she will arrive in the African country this weekend in an attempt to adopt a four-year-old orphan called Mercy James.

The UK-based charity said ideally orphans should be cared for by their extended family or community and taking them abroad was "not a solution".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7969416.stm

Will the new child have a better life being adopted by Madonna? ONLY a materially better life....doesn't make it a better life.

Far out, I would LOATHE to be adopted by Madonna...she is a nut job....however, I fear for the loneliness of the first African kid she adopted. It is probably a good idea he has someone who looks like him be included in his new family..

With all her money, she would have served a better purpose to sponsor some wells for fresh water in these communities.

She produces great music....but she is very tacky as a person...I see no warmth in Madonna, either.

I got her video out one time and watched it over and over. I never liked her as a person after watching that video. I didn't like the fact one of her staff was drunk and date raped and Madonna laughed about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Outlawed
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 01:19:09 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ever heard of the saying teach someone to fish?

caskur, I don't swing into countries using my celebrity status and money to acquire a new fashion accessory that will be whisked off to it's celebrity lifestyle where the cost of one designer baby outfit would feed an entire village.

You are right. I'm sure there is a parade of nannies to look after the children. Hasn't the last nanny been sacked for voicing concern?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 01:32:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yep, Madonna sacked the nanny on the spot after she gave notice. Madonna doesn't really "raise children" other people do it for her and there can be a parade of new faces regularly. I don't think that is healthy at all. How is having many nannies good for a child? Children form attachments and then go through grieving when their attachment leaves......if that is unavoidable, fine...

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25227366-5012985,00.html

This is nice picture of Madonna actually....she looks lovely here..

Madonna sacks Aussie nanny

MADONNA is a notoriously tough boss - as one of the Queen of Pop's "distraught" Australian minions discovered first-hand.

The Aussie nanny, who was in sole charge of the 50-year-old's adopted son David Banda, has been immediately dismissed after handing in her notice.

Madonna told the child minder, known only as Angela, to leave before her notice period was complete, The Mail on Sunday reported.

"Madonna told her the news two hours before she was due to go on her annual month-long leave,'' a source told the London newspaper.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/gallery/0,22056,5032362-5007115,00.html

"Angela was incredibly upset and very surprised.''

The paper said Angela, working for Madonna in New York, handed in her notice earlier this month. Madonna was allegedly furious and dismissed her before she could complete her full notice.

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:16:41 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Everyone who gets adopted has something missing from their heart. They long for identity....family and extended [blood] families give people that. People are MORE than just material possessions.

Africans are sooooo black....they're not like their American counterparts who are from mixed backgrounds now. You get hung ups when you're not around your own kind.

There was story I once read about an Aborigine child that was adopted and went to England to live....he had a good education and a good job and pregnant girlfriend....well, he came out to Australia to meet his relatives....I don't know what they did to him or what pressure they put on him but he went back to England and took his own life....he was only in his twenties.....
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 01:34:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Madonna sacks Aussie nanny

ruh-roh, I fear a "tell-all", book deal coming out.

Put my name down for a first edition.
Report Spam   Logged

bella
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 01:53:27 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Everyone who gets adopted has something missing from their heart. They long for identity....family and extended [blood] families give people that. People are MORE than just material possessions.

i don't agree w/ you. 

i am an adoptee & i felt this way & in the end i sought them out & found them.  on the other end of the spectrum.......my brother & some friends of mine who were adopted could give a damn & have absolutely NO DESIRE to find their natural parents/roots-not even for health reasons.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 01:59:13 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wouldn't a female be more likely to express that missing link than a male would, perhaps?

Of the people I personally know, all have told me they long to know their blood relatives, and about 50% of the males want to know.

What if the other 50 are lying, or just covering up how they really feel?
Report Spam   Logged
bella
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 09:43:03 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

these people have no reason to lie to me or "cover up the way they feel"  it's an equal number of male & females.   some are close & some relatively casual even if i have have known them for years.  also, i don't feel there is any difference in the sex expressing a desire to find the missing link-i've met an equal number in my lifetime. 
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 09:19:08 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

So what are you trying to convey here?

I personally consider open adoption as being the preferred way to go.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!