Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 10:09:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

SO...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO...  (Read 798 times)
Demeters Daughter

« on: March 25, 2009, 08:45:09 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

...I've been reading here for a while, and I believe I saw somewhere that everyone is welcome. Is that so? Or are we all still holding grudges from last summer over at FC, that now-defunct hall of flame?

I see some faces that I know here, and I'm sure they'll have something nasty to say straight off the bat. I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm staying, I suppose it depends on the reception I get (not that you give a ****, right?).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:21:00 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

...I've been reading here for a while, and I believe I saw somewhere that everyone is welcome. Is that so? Or are we all still holding grudges from last summer over at FC, that now-defunct hall of flame?

I see some faces that I know here, and I'm sure they'll have something nasty to say straight off the bat. I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm staying, I suppose it depends on the reception I get (not that you give a ****, right?).

We know you've been reading here for awhile.

I am an advocate of free speech...

grudges? Yeah, I hate a couple of people on the net and will be glad if I hear of their demise...you're not one of them....by all means, write away...that is what the groups are for, are they not?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:27 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Actually, I am glad you showed up....I wanted to finish talking about heroin.

We have a Perth Doctor from a wealthy background who has been treating addicts out of his own pocket and it is sending him broke...But his success rate is HIGH...

He is using Naltrexone implants with fantastic results...

Note, I say "implants".....

He is trying to get this program of his government funded...

http://advocate.inmycommunity.com.au/news-and-views/local-news/Naltrexone-funding-rejected/7516441/
Report Spam   Logged
Demeters Daughter

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 10:05:36 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

There's been some talk in this country about using ultra low dose naltrexone. However, as I've said before, the United States is way backwards in treatment options. The suboxone that we were talking about at FC costs an arm and a leg and is NOT covered by most insurance, and it's starting to look a lot like methadone in terms of getting off of it - I suppose being dependent upon a prescription treatment is better than using street dope, but who pays for it? And when the addict can't get a script, then what? It's back to the same old same old.

I know that people in this country are really tired of reading about addicts getting treatment instead of jail time, and the seemingly large amount of money spent on treatment options. And it's been my experience that the newer, younger heroin users do the rehab shuffle - they check in to detox to clean up, lower their tolerance, and then hit the streets again. I don't know what the answer is. I just thank God on a daily basis that I'm no longer caught up in that heinous cycle.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:32:13 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Everyone is welcome here, and unlike some flame forums the objective here is not to drive particular people off of the board.
Report Spam   Logged
Demeters Daughter

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 10:35:29 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 10:35:49 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just over 10 years ago, I met a man in another street when he dropped off photos of my house burning down….which everyone thought was macabre, except me….I thought it was a brilliant thing to do….anyway, this chap was in his 60’s…..and due to a back problem through work, he was put on methadone…he told me he was totally addicted and couldn’t get off it…..so I knew methadone wasn’t the answer for addicts…

This doctor I am talking about obviously believes in what he is doing to spend his own money….Addicts fear the withdrawl pain and rightfully so…..but sleeping through the addiction has worked and the implant completely removes any craving when they wake up…we have free medial treatment in Australia…..and prescriptions for low income earners is very minimal.. [$5.00-6.00 per prescription and the rest is subsidized by the government] There is another doctor on his side, and that is the doctor who discovered what caused stomach ulcers and then found the cure which is now a cure used all over the world….at one time, doctors believed bacteria didn’t survive in stomachs….which was WRONG….lol…this man swallowed the bacteria that caused ulcers AND cured himself….I think he also got a Nobel prize for his discovery…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4304290.stm  No one would fund his project either…

Another Perth Doctor [Fiona Wood, mother of 5] invented spray on “real” skin to treat burns patients….so we have a lot of talented doctors around our parts…she helped  all the Bali Bombing, burns victims with her discovery….[growing your own skin and then spraying the cells on the burns..BRILLIANT]

http://clearlyexplained.com/news/nature/2005/jan/1N2601_2005.html
Report Spam   Logged
Godfather

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 01:20:08 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Treatment of addicts in my country is done by cops.

They beat the **** out with nightsticks and
then cleaning of addict after beating, in hot water.

Best wud be put a bullet in them.

Bt I view drugs as population managers.
Useless ppl are automatically removed.
Report Spam   Logged

The war, its nt ovr yet :-(
But I aint a part of it anymore :-)

=== *   *  +++|
"==  *   * +     |/
"      **** +++ |\
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 09:48:49 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think they're let down by the system actually.

I bet I could finish off the problem once and for all.
Report Spam   Logged
Demeters Daughter

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 11:39:02 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

It used to be heroin was a "fringe" drug; since the advent of "grunge" and bands like Alice in Chains, Nirvana, etc., with singers like Layne Staley (of AIC) and Kurt Cobain (Nirvana) both public junkies and making it seem acceptable as a counter-culture type "statement" for young people, it's been on the rise again.

When I was actively using, we used to joke that we were glad for crackheads, because junkies were always viewed as the lowest of the low until crack heads came along.

But it's not funny, and it's not glamorous and it's certainly not acceptable. Kids don't realize what they're getting themselves into. They think they can "chip," shoot a little here and there and not get a habit, but the euphoria brought on by the drug becomes quite an enticement, and before long they're chasing that dragon, not realizing that after the first couple times, there's no longer any dragon to chase. They wind up addicted, doing nasty **** to get their drugs, getting sick with HIV and Hep C and all kinds of other nasties. These are middle class white kids, too. It's a problem.

I'm fortunate in that I know the signs of drug use. Most of you know what I went through getting clean, getting my kiddos back, getting my life back in order. My kids are very well educated about what drugs can do to a person and a family, and I really believe that knowledge will keep them from making the same mistakes I did. At least I hope so. My older daughter turns 13 in a couple of weeks; I worry about her, because that's the age when the fun starts. She's right now adamantly opposed to all mood-and-mind-altering substances (****, she yells at me for smoking cigarettes). I just hope she keeps her focus in the coming months and years.

It's easy to say shoot them all and let God sort them out. But as Caskur knows, when it's a friend or a relative suffering the rigors of addiction, that solution isn't quite so appealing (Caskur, I believe you said at FC that you had personal experience with heroin addiction vis. a friend or family member). Saying that we should kill all the junkies is easy on the internet and good for a reaction, but it's not a viable solution. Maybe regulating the influx of the drug is a start. I don't know about legalized heroin, but the treatment options certainly need to be improved if we're to give our current growing children any kind of hope for a future.

I look at someone like Obama, who grew up during the same years as me (he's a couple years older) and then myself, and I wonder, how come one of us kept his eye on the ball and became POTUS (whatever you may think of the man) and the other decided to chuck a bunch of opportunities to take a trip to the dark side? My life today is wonderful, and I'm grateful that I have my children back (kids are so resilient, but it makes me sad that I forced them to be that way yannow?) but my life could have been completely different if I'd just made one or two different choices 30 or so years ago.

But whatever. Enough self confesssion. Who has pie?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:02:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I know lots and lots and lots of heroin junkes DD.

I actually went to primary school and high school with the sister whose brother was hung in Malaysia, Jeff Chambers [Brian Jeffery Chambers]...he was about 3 yrs older than us......My lawyer is a junkie also...

back in 1978, when I was 18, I met the first couple who went on the methadon program in Australia....

Oz never had a problem with heroin until the first boat of phucking illegals landed on our shores back in that year...heroin wasn't a big problem...

a few years back.....in Perth WA,.....some really high grade smack was put on the streets and 75 junkies OD that year.....the crime rate obviuosly dropped....some say the cops put it out there to kill the junkies off and that wouldn't surprise me....New South Wales cops put out 7 kilos [maybe it was 6, can't remember] to catch the big guys, and they only recovered 2 kilos of the heroin back again...
Report Spam   Logged
Demeters Daughter

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 01:50:24 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

One of the scary things about junkies is that if they find out some "really good ****" is killing people (highly pure street dope is rare, it's usually about 10% dope 90% cut), they all want to try it. They think if they just do a little less they will get that awesome rush and not OD.

It's stupid, I know, but it's true. It doesn't surprise me that a bunch of pure disappeared rapidly off the streets. You should see NY when pure hits town, there are bodies everywhere. **** idiocy.
Report Spam   Logged
BallBag
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 02:24:27 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

They, (crime prevention enforcement)  probably do it on purpose.

I can see how that would work in culling the natives.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 11:20:39 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

What are you telling your children now Demeters Daughter?

Make sure they don't accept free drugs from strangers. Many heroin users were made into them by being given free drugs for short lengths of time.
Report Spam   Logged

Demeters Daughter

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 11:32:22 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

What am I telling my children? I'm telling my children that they shouldn't trust anyone they don't know, that they shouldn't take anything from anyone even if they DO know them, and that they should take a page from my book. They're not stupid; they've seen what I went through and what I put THEM through.

I realize it's really hard to keep children from experimenting, but my kids are fortunate that they have clear and open lines of communication, that they've been educated, and that they have a support network of adults other than dear old mom (including my sister, with whom they are very close). Short of following them around there isn't much else I can do, other than trust that they know right from wrong and the consequences of experimentation.

Thanks for your concern.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!