Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 12:26:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Bad News from my rl

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bad News from my rl  (Read 1966 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:24 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Nt to hurt you cas, bt has the G20 Summit crazed you or what?

No, it hasn't but my "things" have tied me down for instance, I still have antiques down in the shed after 10 yrs that still haven't been cleaned from slight smoke damage. I don't need them in my new house. I have walk in robes BUT, the furniture is exquisit. Our fire was put out before it reached the bedrooms so they were only attacked from smoke damage and water damage....

Like I said, I like room around me and not to cram the joint with clutter....I live with a pack rat and I cannot bare it.

If I had sold them I could have invested the money instead.....some possessions fall between good investments and sentimental attachment. That isn't wrong either.

I want to travel and unless I lighten the load, it isn't gonna happen.....I'm just going through a thing I guess.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2009, 04:15:17 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I didn’t go to the funeral. I have been to one funeral after Kane died and couldn’t control my tears and knew I could never go to another one again. The only funeral I’ll ever go to is my own when that time comes.

Some close family met here at my place. Eric’s youngest daughter Erica ironed an Iron Cross flag they had made to drape over the coffin. Eric was into WW2 aviation since one of his uncles was in the German air force in WW2 and was shot down over Russia…now his son is a pilot as well. Two daughters are marine biologists. Erica is my favourite since lately we have had much to do with her….

The funeral started at the funeral directors and between 150-180 showed up. They played the Blues Brothers music and Verity James led the service claiming that the service was the most unusual she ever attended. She is an ABC radio and TV personalty and apparently did a fantastic job of it. My stepfather said it was the up there with the top 3-4 funerals he ever went to. After the service and speeches, everyone was ushered into a room and given neat shots of Glen Fiddich whiskey…the women either coughed or passed it on to the men. Kurt was upset the women never got an opportunity to have an alternative sweet liqueur. From there they took the body in the back of a  Ford GT ute [Eric once had one] and held a private ceremony for the immediate family at the Fremantle Crematorium. Everyone met down at East Fremantle’s “Left Bank” hotels for drinks into the later night.

She is a Botticeli angel….

Today his ashes will be thrown at sea at Port Beach, Fremantle…that is also a private family occasion.

The Left Bank…

Report Spam   Logged
Ares Abani

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2009, 10:39:17 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Caskur

I figured ithis page would load if i came back when my computer was running a bit faster.

Sounds like he was a great person Caskur.
 Beautiful pictures.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2009, 01:11:07 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Caskur

I figured ithis page would load if i came back when my computer was running a bit faster.

Sounds like he was a great person Caskur.
 Beautiful pictures.

You missed the pictures Ares....I'll email them to you...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!