Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 29, 2024, 01:51:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

A history of Presto's condition

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A history of Presto's condition  (Read 325 times)
d

« on: February 23, 2009, 04:12:53 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Memory

Everyone forgets a face, a name, an address, or a number at some time in his or her life. Many forget more often than others. This is a normal thing that usually takes place because of distractions due to lack of sleep, overwork, over stimulation and is only a temporary loss.

The brain is very sensitive to a number of factors, however any type of chemical imbalance, usually caused by stress, disease, medicines, or changes in daily habits can throw the thought and memory processes into a frenzy. Most problems with memory are temporary and as soon as the agitating factor is removed it returns to normal.

Parkinson's however has taken a devastating toll on my brain, memory and thought processes. The medications required to control the symptoms of this disease along with the area of my brain that is being affected have totally changed my life.

I went to a neurologist for seven years prior to being diagnosed with Parkinson's. I have had problems since my teens. My Father had Parkinson's so this disease was not new to me. I had symptoms similar to him, but not the severity that he had. Daddy's mind was good to the end but there were loopholes in his memory.

He took Sinemet and medications for high blood pressure in the beginning and later was placed on antidepressants. Sinemet was the same medication the neurologist used to determine in fact I actually Parkinson's.

I was in my forty's before actually being diagnosed. When? I don't remember. Memory and thought processing problems caused the loss of my job along with the physical problems of stiffness and frequent falls. I was an RN. I had finally achieved my goal only to be able to continue working for four years. Sinemet had done wonders to keep me going for three years.

Little did I know that medications were building up in my system as it was insidious and I did not recognize it? Nurses do not listen or take advice well, much like doctors. Changing the chemistry in my brain, I started getting easily agitated, super paranoid, increasingly forgetful, and became insensitive to the needs of others around me. I became a totally different person. I even started resenting my husband for the control he was trying to take in my life. Someone needed to, bless his heart. I was out of control and when I tried to run away from home to find peace and quiet. I wound up in the hospital for five weeks, where I remained until they could readjust my medication. The reality of that stay remains a mystery.

A few weeks ago I had an episode where the caregiver came in from outside and although she had been around all morning my brain shut off. I did not recognize her and could not understand why this stranger didn't knock at the door before entering. On went the switch and I felt so stupid and embarrassed. For a few seconds I did not know where she was. I think it is time to talk with the neurologist again about my medicines. That was totally scary.

How to cope? I am keeping very busy with writing, trying to learn PSP, genealogy, anything to stay busy. I connect with other people, in different sites who share the same interests. I keep stimulating my brain cells in everyway possible.

Listen to others who say your personality is changing. If they say that doesn't sound like you listen. Tell your neurologist. For me treatment has been by trial and error. Not every med is for everyone, nor is everyone affected in the same part of the brain. Chemistry is the most important and the hardest element to balance.

©2003 Patricia Perriman

On a personal note I wish to thank my husband for staying by my side. I wish to thank PLWP for being the best thing that has happened to this Parkinson's patient and the best support group going on the net.

© Patricia Perriman

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Presto
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:23:50 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I do not have that condition and you god damn well know it.
And my dogs to not **** on my chairs.
You are a foul drunken liar and that is all you will ever amount to.
Where has that stupid **** Cathy got to?
Report Spam   Logged
d

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:24:54 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

You wrote that bile Parky...

Netcopping this site isn't easy....more details to follow
Report Spam   Logged

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:30:52 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

You wrote that bile Parky...

Netcopping this site isn't easy....more details to follow

Pokio claims to own these sites Daz.
Report Spam   Logged
d

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 05:33:23 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

If I am to be brutally honest Cathy....I don't know anyone who knows their way around these sites more than me.

Report Spam   Logged

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 05:38:58 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

He wouldn't claim it if it wasn't true....That is why he "knows" the net cops....and since he knows I don't net cop, he can't accuse me of it.

From: Barking Spider  (Original Message) Sent: 2/19/2009 5:12 PM

Pogo is using his ISP webspace.
If you have any issues with what he is storing on there....contact their service section and they will remove it
http://www.netpath.com/ 

http://www.inetpath.com

http://groups.msn.com/HalfwayHouse/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=72051

Daz will never win... he's a **** baby

BTW... I own inetpath ya moron..

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:04:31 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

PattiPresto, for someone claiming lapses in memory, you sure remember the dirt you throw around when you're slinging mud.

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:24 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Come back, come back Presto, we want to see you in full party mood, ol' girl...

Report Spam   Logged
Presto
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 12:06:14 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is that supposed to be me Cathy?
It looks more like you than it does me.
None of you people have found what I look like
so you make it up. LOL

You are all stupid and lame and cannot flame. LOL
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 12:36:20 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Broken record.

How is the grooming of children doing these days Presto?
Report Spam   Logged
EP

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 01:29:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Broken record.

How is the grooming of children doing these days Presto?

Answer the question Pattae! Evil
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!