Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 18, 2024, 10:08:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Was Jesus Gay ?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Was Jesus Gay ?  (Read 884 times)
megan_au
Global Moderator

« on: February 03, 2009, 02:43:26 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Scholars have long wondered at a curious passage in the canonical Gospel of Mark (undisputedly the oldest of the canonical gospels) which seems to hint that a detail or two might have been left out:  “Then they came to Jericho.  As he was leaving Jericho with his disciples…” (Mark 10:46).  But what happened in Jericho on Jesus' whistle-stop tour of the provinces?  Did Jesus simply pass through and then leave without doing or saying anything to anyone? If the visit was so irrelevant to Jesus' mission, why is it even mentioned?  The gap suggests a mission portion of Mark’s Gospel.  The Letter—supplied below--of Clement’s, who had access to the complete version of Mark’s gospel, places the events in Jericho.   

Morton Smith published his findings in 1973 in two different books:  one was a rigorously academic volume from Harvard entitled Clement of Alexandria and a Secret Gospel of Mark, while the second was a popular explanation The Secret Gospel.

And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God
http://jeromekahn123.tripod.com/newtestament/id5.html
Report Spam   Logged

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cool Hand

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:19:30 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

something happened during the night if you ask me.it could be inocent
or it coufld be not. what happened to Clements and why is everything secret?
i always thou=uogh jessus had it off with mary magdolane.
Report Spam   Logged
Cool Hand

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:21:14 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

i have just told somebody on another boad that i am in a debate cionverstion about bible studies.
Report Spam   Logged
megan_au
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 06:14:02 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Cool Hand Luke [yep it must be luke ]

Hey I was hoping to learn a thing or two from you ...........LOL.

I am agnostic , although I have read the bible and it certainly doesn't make sense why they would leave this out of Mark except if someone was trying to cover up for his homosexual tendencies ...........

So go and ask someone at the other board if they know jack **** about this and if they did ask them politely to come hither
Report Spam   Logged

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me

Omnia
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:07:59 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

In those days homosexuality would have been punishable by death . . .
had Jesus been gay, they would have been able to string the bugger up for that alone, I would imagine.
But who's to say one way or the other . . . not me.

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:23:35 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't like tO think about Jesus sexuality.

I remember this subject came up once and asking a minister about it. He said since Jesus was a perfect man then he had perfect control over his body, most likely. None of us flawed humans can conceive what being a perfect human being is like...fair enough too, I guess.

I absolutely do not think he was gay or had a relationship with Mary Magdalene. He was baptized at thirty, went into his ministry for 3.5 yrs or something, was hideously murdered and then after being resurrected for 40-50days back in a/with his fleshly body ascended to heaven. That is the story that has been recorded and simply discussing anything else is conjecture usually related to whoever is telling or surmising the story using themselves and their life's experience...AND NOT JESUS CHRISTS to tell the story.
Report Spam   Logged
Omnia
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 09:16:52 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, I could be wrong, but I thought old JC was beaten up then crucified for a
brief period, whereupon he  dallied about for roughly three days before returning home seriously hurt.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:32:50 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, I could be wrong, but I thought old JC was beaten up then crucified for a
brief period, whereupon he  dallied about for roughly three days before returning home seriously hurt.

Nope, when JC came out of his tomb, he stayed another 40 ish days then ascended to heaven...

Remember?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 09:37:53 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Matthew 28:1-20

1 After the sabbath, when it was growing light on the first day of the week, Mary Mag´da·lene and the other Mary came to view the grave.

2 And, notice! a great earthquake had taken place; for Jehovah’s angel had descended from heaven and approached and rolled away the stone, and was sitting on it. 3 His outward appearance was as lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4 Yes, for fear of him the watchmen trembled and became as dead men.

5 But the angel in answer said to the women: “Do not YOU be fearful, for I know YOU are looking for Jesus who was impaled. 6 He is not here, for he was raised up, as he said. Come, see the place where he was lying. 7 And go quickly and tell his disciples that he was raised up from the dead, and, look! he is going ahead of YOU into Gal´i·lee; there YOU will see him. Look! I have told YOU.”

8 So, quickly leaving the memorial tomb, with fear and great joy, they ran to report to his disciples. 9 And, look! Jesus met them and said: “Good day!” They approached and caught him by his feet and did obeisance to him. 10 Then Jesus said to them: “Have no fear! Go, report to my brothers, that they may go off into Gal´i·lee; and there they will see me.”

11 While they were on their way, look! some of the guard went into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened. 12 And after these had gathered together with the older men and taken counsel, they gave a sufficient number of silver pieces to the soldiers 13 and said: “Say, ‘His disciples came in the night and stole him while we were sleeping.’ 14 And if this gets to the governor’s ears, we will persuade [him] and will set YOU free from worry.” 15 So they took the silver pieces and did as they were instructed; and this saying has been spread abroad among the Jews up to this very day.

16 However, the eleven disciples went into Gal´i·lee to the mountain where Jesus had arranged for them, 17 and when they saw him they did obeisance, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
Report Spam   Logged
Omnia
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 11:02:15 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Or maybe the crucifixion was a cruci-fiction . . . 
but I don't want to be the one to say that out loud.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 11:10:24 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

He didn't die on a cross. He died on a pole apparently but everyone accepts he died on a cross..

it was a common way to die back then....impaled on trees or poles. History shows that he would have come off a cross and that is why some religious  pics show him bound by ropes at his wrists, to it. But from my studies of it, his hands were above his head and the palms crossed and a nailed in the centre.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 11:12:45 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

He died of affixiation as well. I thnk I read somewhere he took 3 hrs to die.

Too slow.
Report Spam   Logged
bella
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 11:40:22 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Was Jesus Gay ?

no.  mary magdalene was his squeeze.
Report Spam   Logged
Cool Hand

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 06:47:05 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

are we still going on about this??
where did that megan chick go to an was she the saem one as arete?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 07:51:04 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

No one responded to her posts so she found the site dead.

I can't keep writing to everyone on my lonesome....

she like real debators.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!