Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 19, 2024, 11:55:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Which forum is the worst at Mod Panel Abuse?

Poll
Question: Which message forum is the worst at Mod Panel Abuse?
TDT - 1 (12.5%)
Moist Board - 1 (12.5%)
Flame Champs - 0 (0%)
The 3rd Rail - 6 (75%)
Other (post your choice) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which forum is the worst at Mod Panel Abuse?  (Read 632 times)
Damion Hellstrom
« on: January 30, 2009, 04:30:00 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Which message forum is the worst in regards to "mod panel abuse"?

I've come up with some likely candidates.  Let's review:

TDT aka Those Damn Trolls. 

TDT has constantly been accused to messing with posts.  Specifically, a short guy who apparently attempts to make up for his lack of height by splitting off posts and then changing the content of them.  The mods there seem rather abusive as well. 

Moist Board

Billed as a "humor forum", Moist Board is actually a collection of nic switching trolls who used to plague science fiction forums a lot.  Their idea of humor is rewriting people's posts (meaning, anyone who disagrees with those who run the forum will get their posts changed), changing people's avatars without their permission, changing people's signitures without their permission, giving them insulting ranks without their permission, burrying posts they don't like in other threads by merging them, and handing out members IPs all over the web.

Flame Champs

It looks like Flame Champs is finito.  But they were known for doing a number of the things which Mosit Board does, which included merging threads to hid things uncomplimentary to them.  Worse yet, the moderator of the flame board reportedly would send members nasty personal messages accusing them of spamming the forum (translation:  they disagreed with her).  The global mod there was well known for watching the forum night and day like a hawk and using hid mod panel to flame people.  He would also post what they were doing on the board, like if they were viewing a profile or something similar. 

The 3rd Rail

A "new" forum consisting mostly of the FC crew.  But they're already getting a rep for mod panel abuse.  Not surprising, since the global mod there is the same flame forum mod from FC.  She's been accused of deleting a new members posts (one not from Flame Champs) and then she put the member on "watched".  And the global mod actually quit the forum for a short while because another member dared to flame her.  Oh yes, the admin blew up at a new signup and almost immediately banned him.

Feel free to add your own submissions, but please give some details of their mod panel abuse.  I can give a few "honorable mentions", like Flame Vault (the forum which has Flame in the title but claims they aren't a flame forum), which also burried uncomplimentary posts about them in other threads to hide them and posts personal info on their open boards, or even SciFi.com, which has been known to ban members for absurd lengths of time like ten thousand years.

Have fun....
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:30:58 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Oh, by the way...my own policy is not to post URLs of boards which practice this kind of abuse...but I'm certain if you want to check out these forums a web search will provide a link for you to  follow...
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 04:33:07 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I shall write my thoughts on this after my Maccie Brekkie.....

slurp...

bbl

SOOOON...
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:53:16 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Let's look at the "rules" for some of these forums

TDT

This is an adult-oriented site. If you are easily offended, then we humbly suggest that you DO NOT enter the raucous confines of the T~D~T Coalition.

Be advised, the Webmaster does not necessarily share the opinions of the participants, and is not responsible for their submitted materials.

ALL users of this site are required to read our full disclaimer and terms of use agreement before participating.

Any attempt to manipulate, modify, disable, or hack any material contained within this site is forbidden, and will be met with immediate legal action. This is your one, and only, courtesy warning.

With that said, by all means enjoy your stay here at the T~D~T Coalition

Hummm..they forgot to mention about them changing people posts.  Damn nice of them to warn people that they'll take people to court who try to hack them, however.

Moist Board

Look, I'll cut to the chase. Their aren't any rules, or, at least, not any that we consistently enforce. Stay away from **** and particularly foul words, please. But we'll do whatever we damn well please to your posts and profiles, so live with it.

Ahh..they're more honest than TDT.

Flame Champs

FlameChamps.com
Archive Mode
  FC is in the process of moving

Ooops..... Evil    RudeFrog finally decided to make it unanimous and let the forum go under for the third time.

3rd Rail

The Third Rail (or TTR) is a public forum dedicated to the debate and topical discussion of all types of controversial issues. Think of it as an online Real Time with Bill Maher or his Politically Incorrect show with a hard edge.

Members can sound off, state their opinions, present a case for or against something, criticize public officials, public policy and public groups about any subject of general interest. All content posted is strictly the opinion of the person stating it any not anyone else associated with this forum unless they state as such.

Being offended by the opinion of others may be common, but at TTR we strive to ensure a safe environment to explore even the hottest of topics while allowing you to sound off in a manner that may be more personally significant. Expect perspectives to be challenged and clarification to be requested as well as personal attacks when debates become heated.

There may be times when opinions are voiced that do not mirror your own experience or knowledge. Use this as an opportunity to either consider the merits of the argument or develop a debate that refutes or challenges.

We hope the dialog exchanged within The Third Rail community provides an educational environment for all as topics are discussed in depth and developed. We recognize this as discovering information, not only about controversial topics, but also about human nature and how we respond either intellectually or emotionally.

Online debates can allow you to see more clearly what others think about the hottest topics of the day.  You may have to alter your point of view when at work or among friends, but at TTR you can freely state your most personal voice to let your opinion be known.

As an aside for a segment of members, TTR has deliberately been established as a separate entity from "Flametown". Thus, "Flametown" behaviors, antics, and debauchery will neither be acceptable or tolerated without consequences and possible expulsion from the community.

Additionally, retaliatory actions or exchanges between TTR members who are also "Flametown" affiliates or any exchanges surrounding "Flametown" politics will not be allowed or entertained. If you have a personal grudge against a specific poster, keep it limited to "Flametown" forums as this site is officially severed from such foolishness.

Hard to believe the one who posted those rules also savagely attacked two newbie members and quit in a huff when another member flamed her.  Also noteable is that she's regarded as one of the biggest scumbags on the web.

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 05:48:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The three out of four forums that you've written there have one person in common....the poo posting cyber criminal herself.

I feel a huge relief not to be intellectually stifled and censored by not posting on any of their forums.

I am so relieved to be here.

Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 08:11:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't know why people think they have to CONTROL
the natural FLOW of convo.  Just let things happen.
You might be surprised at how much more fun it may
be!  It is ridiculous to monitor things so closely that a tad bit
of news might end up in the flame forum or WHATTTTEVERRRR.
Ask yourself this...."DOES IT REALLY MATTER?"

hell no.

blow it out ur ol' wazooooooo

Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 08:13:42 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Oh, sorry---got a lil' sidetracked.
Mod panel abuse...UMMMMM....so far
on these php boards, I would have to
say 3rd Rail & just that one old chick
who pretends to be the young blonde.

She needs to lighten up & for the love
of cake she should put the thesaurus down
for a minute.

Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Omnia
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 09:32:07 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

3rd Rate Mod:
Considering the fact that I have their names, addresses, phone numbers, employer info and credit card/bank specifics, these fuckers should REALLY consider being nicer to me.

In my opinion, 3rd rate fuckery takes the crown for mod panel abuse.

The fools over there have  given a mod panel, to a despicable dead beat
who in her real time employment, admits to being  free and frank
with the confidential information [entrusted to her] of the 
elderly and infirm who call upon her for help and advice.

Sickening.

Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 08:11:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yah, that's sad.  She doesn't care & should
not have that position.  Obviously she doesn't
appreciate her job & just would rather live
off of my taxes.  Burns me up.  Too many people
just don't want to work & would rather stay
home and pay for their drug habits off my dollar.

GrrrrrrrrrrrrrR.

I work hard & I am thankful I have a J O B.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 08:34:10 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am always exquisitely polite to service people and I even make friends with them....BECAUSE, I know how abusive the public is to them...
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 12:46:09 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

It might be interesting one time to keep track of the instances of mod panel abuse on these various forums and see who actually engages in it the most.

FC is a dead issue, but it looks like it's designated heir is Caged-Rage.  If TWAP does have a panel there, look for him to abuse it, as he has in the past.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 01:22:04 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

There will be no more caskur at TDT.

There will be no more caskur putting up with Bucket **** Corningstone EVER again...

There will be no more posts of mine changed and altered when they are taken out of the dumpster to create fake activity at TDT.

I talked with Mark over the phone, who told me he wanted to catch them in the act....well, if I cannot reply back to the sick pricks in my own way, without Nele throwing those in spammers hell and changing the content or deleting it to hide it from Mark and then Mark turns around and doesn't believe me....**** you all.

I DO NOT abuse my mod panel and I make sure the admins don't as well. I believe in free speech for EVERYONE, NOT just TDTossers....
Report Spam   Logged
d

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I do very little moderating on my site.....because my members are quite normal  Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 07:40:59 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't do much moderating myself, but mainly because I like to see people fight.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 07:42:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I do very little moderating on my site.....because my members are quite normal  Afro

far out that made me crack up....

I'm still pmsl...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!