Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 20, 2024, 01:02:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

About Me Birdies from Avant-garde Philosophy 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: About Me Birdies from Avant-garde Philosophy 2  (Read 613 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: January 18, 2009, 02:56:00 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

With budgies at least I have worked out a way to train them very, very easily…..you must get them as young as possible….straight out of the nest is the absolute optimum. Only get one, doesn’t matter which sex, [at first]. Train one young one well initially; this will make it easier to train the next one you introduce into your home, [incidentally within 3 months] as he/she will follow what the other budgie does and if the other budgie isn't scared of you, then the new one won't be either.

You must be with the young fledgling as much as possible and don’t stop telling them how beautiful they are….they love being talked to. You must handle them a lot but not for long and if they struggle don’t keep insisting…if they want to fly off, let them…then calmly go and fetch them….never chase them around because you are in a hurry to get them back in their cage….never feed them out of their cage at first either…the food and water is a temptation for them to return to it and then you can calmly close the door……at night, just turn off the lights and go to them and calmly grab hold of them then put them back in their cage. It only takes a few weeks, they do love their cages and happily return to them when they’ve had enough of being out of them but they do love to come out and fly as well.

NEVER clip their wings, that’s a shitty thing to do and equivalent to chopping babies legs off so they can’t walk.

I just loosely hold the budgie to my chest where their little feet can cling onto my clothing….they seem to like having their feet hooked on something. It’s all about them thinking they are in charge but really it’s a con job on our parts and patience and being able to fool them…I’m good at that one……another way of getting them back into their cage with no dramas, is to throw a green bait in there like a bit of Swiss chard/ silverbeet…..budgies absolutely cannot resist anything green at all and will do ANYTHING to get some….lol

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!