Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 19, 2024, 03:19:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Conservatives Won't Shut Up How Intelligent Obama is.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Conservatives Won't Shut Up How Intelligent Obama is.  (Read 385 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: January 18, 2009, 10:24:19 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

A couple of weeks ago I heard William Bennet on CNN say Barack Obama is "remarkably well-read".

Then Bill krystol said on Fox that Obama was "impressively smart"

Kathleeen Parker called Obama " brilliant".

Then last week Obama had dinner with some of the top conservative intellectuals which included, George Will, David Brooks, Charles Krauthammer, Bill Krystol, Larry Kudlow, Peggy Noonan, Tom Lowry.

Although this dinner was supposed to be 'off-the-record', one guest in particular could not keep his mouth shut and has revealed he was bowled over by Barack Obama.

Larry Kudlow gave an interview on CNBC and I got this partial transcript from Drudge.

I am amused these people seem to just have discovered what Obama supporters have know all along.

It must also be quite a shock to their system to go from a moron president Bush to a brilliant Barack Obama.

CNBC's Melissa Francis: I HAVE TO ASK LARRY, I'M DYING TO HEAR ABOUT IT, YOU HAD DINNER LAST NIGHT WITH PRESIDENT-ELECT BARACK OBAMA. WHAT WAS THE TONE LIKE? WAS HE TRYING TO WIN OVER THE CONSERVATIVES? IS THAT WHAT IT WAS?

THERE WERE ABOUT TEN OF YOU THERE, RIGHT?

CNBC's Larry Kudlow: THIS WAS AN OFF-THE-RECORD DINNER AND I'M GOING TO KEEP IT OFF THE RECORD IN TERMS OF DEEP CONTENT, BUT PEGGY NOONAN WAS THERE, PAUL GIGOT OF THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, BILL KRISTOL, MYSELF, CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER, SOME OTHERS. NINE OR TEN OF US. I DON'T THINK HE'S TRYING TO WIN US OVER, BUT HE'S TRYING TO CONNECT WITH US AND ENGAGE WITH US TO HIT GREAT CREDIT. THIS WAS A VERY CORDIAL DINNER.

Francis: HE IS CHARMING, RIGHT?

Kudlow: HE IS CHARMING, HE IS TERRIBLY SMART, BRIGHT, WELL-INFORMED, HE HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. AT THE BEGINNING WHEN HE WALKED INTO THE LIVING ROOM, YOU KNOW, WE'RE ALL WAITING --

Francis: WHERE WERE YOU?

Kudlow: THIS IS AT GEORGE WILL'S HOUSE…...INTERESTING THING. THIS IS JUST GENERALLY SPEAKING, HE IS SO WELL-INFORMED, AND HE LOVES TO DEAL WITH BOTH SIDES OF AN ISSUE, AND I'M NOT GOING TO DIVULGE WHAT WAS SAID THERE AND I'M NOT GOING TO GO INTO ANY OF THE SPECIFICS, BUT HE ENJOYS THE BACK AND FORTH, AND HE IS NOT, YOU KNOW, TOUGH, MEAN, INSULTING, SNARLING, NONE OF THAT STUFF, AND WE WEREN'T EITHER.

THIS WAS A GOOD CONSERVATIVE GROUP AND WE JUST HAD A GREAT BACK AND FORTH, AND HE WANTS TO KEEP THE DIALOGUE GOING WITH CONSERVATIVES. I WOULD SAY I AM HONORED TO BE AT THAT DINNER. I WAS HONORED TO MEET HIM. HE IS A VERY IMPRESSIVE MAN, AND I WISH HIM ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD BECAUSE WE'VE GOT SOME ISSUES TO DEAL WITH.

Francis: WHAT DID YOU EAT?

Kudlow: I CAN'T REMEMBER. I WAS SO FOCUSED ON HIM. I WAS SITTING ACROSS FROM HIM --

Francis: YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T EAT. MAYBE YOU DIDN'T TOUCH ANYTHING.

Kudlow: THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. I PROBABLY DIDN'T EAT A WHOLE LOT. IT WAS ALL VERY INTERESTING, AND HE'S A GOOD MAN, AND WE WILL SEE HOW HE DOES. THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY. WE WISH HIM THE BEST.

― Alex Koppelman
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:39:53 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Obama is an intelligent guy but it's clear that the press and media are in love with his image.

I wonder how long the honeymoon will last?
Report Spam   Logged
bella
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 03:41:03 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Obama is an intelligent guy but it's clear that the press and media are in love with his image.

bingo!
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 04:18:45 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

He is good looking, he is well spoken, he is intelligent, but he wont be able to deliver what he wants to deliver.

He inherited a huge problem. It'll be up to him to convince the everyday American to endure what they'll have to endure.....

On a side note: As far as I am aware, just a little over five years ago, I was the first person to publish the word "everyday Australian" while campaigning the planet over Pauline Hanson's unlawful jailing.....changing what people used to write saying "ordinary American/Australian" and now I see the American press use that term...interesting!!
Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:59:55 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

This stuff makes my stomach turn anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:49:14 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

This stuff makes my stomach turn anymore.

What part makes your stomach turn, arete?
Report Spam   Logged

arete
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:08 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The media acting like he walks on water.
Talk about "squishy".... I'd say 80% of minds
are just that regarding politics.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 06:15:02 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

At 1 am in my morning, I hope to be up watching the inauguration.

Over this year will be interesting times I think. REALLY interesting times.
Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

They said the cold will cut down on the
numbers of people, thank goodness.
There will be millions.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 09:32:16 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

They said the cold will cut down on the
numbers of people, thank goodness.
There will be millions.

I don't envy them. I mean, just visiting a toilet is going to be hell on earth......TV is so much more comfortable  PLUS you get to see close-ups of his face. That alone is very important.

I don't like crowds, in fact, I hate crowds.....I was in a crowd of 12,000 once and that was enough..
Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 11:09:20 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I agree.  I would much rather watch from the comfort
of home.   I don't feel the need to be up in the mix.   Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!