Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 18, 2024, 11:40:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

American Press are Nothing more than a Bunch of Tossers

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: American Press are Nothing more than a Bunch of Tossers  (Read 1037 times)
Ender

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 12:16:13 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

The stuff about Rev Wright and Obama's connection to him was pretty much originally ignored, then brushed aside...

And yet, you know about it. Where did you get such information? Maybe you are a private investigator and obtained the information yourself? Well now that can't be it as I know all about Obamas connection to reverand Wright also. Hmmmmm. How is it we both know about this connection?

I wonder.

We know because talk radio were the ones who brought it to light..after it was ignored by the mainstream media for months.  People like Sean Hannity were talking about it for months before the mainstream media decided to actually mention it.  And when they did, it was an off hand thing.

Ahhh so supposedly Hannity bitched about it first. And then the real media brought it up and no one was interested so the story died. As I said, the media reported it, just not to your likeing.

Obama's connection with the ACORN group also ignored then brushed off

And yet again you know about Obamas connection with ACORN. An organization that many politicians have supported. An organization that works to get people registered to vote. And organization the John McCain also supported. What some of the people hired by ACORN did to make extra cash screwed ACORN and no one else.

ACORN was never actually covered by the mainstream media...again, talk radio covered it as well as several other non-mainstream outlets.  Obama has his webpages changed several times to change his story about his actual involvement with ACORN.

Yeeeessss, what happened with ACORN was indeed covered by the media. Some of the people ACORN employed made themselves more cash by registering ficticious names. If you are speaking of something else I'll listen, but I'll remind you that John McCain also had "connections" with ACORN.

The stories you brought forth were also "Front page press" when the story's broke. The "problem" being they really went nowhere. It seems to me your problem wasn't that the media didn't report on these stories but that the media didn't report on them to your liking.

No, the problem is that the mainstream media..note I said mainstream...reported on Palin extensively and ignored Obama's various goofs and gaffs until outlets like talk radio hammered away on them..and even when they did report them, it was basically downplayed.

Becasue it had no teeth. You bring up nonsence like Obama mistakinly saying 57, or "connections" with Wright. No one really cared or the media would have ran with it. What you fail to understand is the media watches reaction to stories closely because interest generates money. If the media sees little interest they stop running the story.

Palin as a vice presidential candidate was a train wreck and many in the United States and abroad had a great deal of fun laughing at her.

Did anyone on SNL regularly lampoon Obama?

Yes.

Nope.

Get your facts straight.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=politicalhumor&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbc.com%2FSaturday_Night_Live%2Fvideo%2Fclips%2Fobama-plays-it-cool%2F866342%2F

http://politicalhumor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=politicalhumor&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbc.com%2FSaturday_Night_Live%2Fvideo%2Fclips%2Fobama-address%2F787181%2F

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-thursday-debate-open/742065/

There's three clips of Obama being spoofed on SNL. And there are a few more. In fact, there were more spoofs of Obama than of Palin.

Look it  up and you'll see.

Were things said by a TV comedian pretending to be Obama get reported as if they were said by Obama like they were with Palin?

But don't you see? Thats what was so funny about Tina Feys spoof of Palin. Much of what she said while pretending to be Palin was exactly what Palin had actually said in interveiws and the debate.

Not really...Palin never said that she could see Russia from her window..Fey said that and the media acted like Palin did.

Hence the term "Much". As in "Most but not all". And even your example was an exageration by Fey of Palin saying (in relpy to being questioned about her forgein relations experience) "You can see Russia from the shores of Alaska."

Palin is a joke and most of us laughed at her and the republican party for being foolish enough to choose her.

Obama mistakenly thought the USA had 57 states...that's quite a mistake.  Even a grade schooler knows how many states there are.  Strange that SNL didn't have someone imitating Obama in that regard, isn't it?

You bring up ~one~ slip in a speech as your evidence?

Feeble.

Report Spam   Logged
arete
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 08:44:38 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

oh dear.  You've been brainwashed, ender.
& here I was thinking you were a smart one.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!