Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 18, 2024, 06:12:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

'Untouchable' woman dies after Indian medics refuse treatment

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 'Untouchable' woman dies after Indian medics refuse treatment  (Read 205 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: January 06, 2009, 07:29:47 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

http://www.sawfnews.com/Health/50094.aspx

'Untouchable' woman dies after Indian medics refuse treatment
Posted on Thursday, 24 April 2008 (EST)

An "untouchable" woman who gave birth outside an Indian hospital because doctors would not treat her died Thursday, a day after her baby, officials admitted.

LUCKNOW, India (AFP) - The newborn boy of Maya Devi, 28, died Wednesday due to lack of medical help minutes after being born outside the maternity wing of Kanpur Medical College in northern Uttar Pradesh state.

Devi was only put in intensive care after giving birth but she died of a heart attack early Thursday morning.

Several doctors, including the hospital's chief medical superintendent, had refused to touch her or provide medical care as she delivered her baby, the Press Trust of India reported.

Devi was a Dalit, or "untouchable", a group at the bottom of the caste social ladder who have long been ostracised and forced into menial professions despite laws banning discrimination. Many high-class Hindus fear coming into contact with them.

Dr Kiran Pandey, head of gynaecology at the hospital, told AFP she was an hour's drive away in state capital Lucknow at the time and rushed back.

"We provided her the best medicines and treatment but she succumbed to two cardiac arrests," Pandey said.

College principle Anand Swaroop has ordered an inquiry, as has a district magistrate.

The state's chief minister, Mayawati, who won elections last year, has ordered the doctors to be suspended and demanded an investigation.

the caste system is alive and well and thriving in India.

Who can believe in this day and age, "doctors" behave in such a way.

thumbs down to this nation's lunacy.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Omnia
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:05:37 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

It is their way . . . you wouldn't tolerate someone telling you how to behave
in your own country. Leave them to it . . . too many people are ready to stick their beaks into
others cultures and traditions. It's nothing to do with anyone else.
Keep Out!
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:17:51 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

They don't keep out of our countries though, do they?

When I was 14 in 1974, there was much media attention in India, especially since there were millions starving and cattle being sacred, were not allowed to be eaten and could trample through the villages whenever they wished.

Of course now there are over 1.2 billion of the bastards so starvation didn’t weed them all out, that is for sure.

Their rivers are dead. There hygiene practices have to be seen, to be believed and they really are a mysterious race to me. I used to cry about all the starvation over there and my family thought I was nuts and used to call me, “professor,”  and that titled stuck for years

These days, I know better and I’m far from feeling empathy with them.

One of their inhumane practices is to make one member of the family a professional begger by purposely deforming a baby….that baby usually supports the entire family from donations. The Beatles from the UK went there and made the place popular amongst westerners needing/wanting alternative lifestyles….but really folks, there is no real alternative life-style to what we have and anyone claiming otherwise should be viewed with suspicion.

My cousin, her husband [who happens to be an anglo-indian] and their two daughters went to India on their way back from Europe to Australia and were there for 4 days…..their youngest daughter Ranique [that is an Indian name meaning Queen] was just a baby in a stroller at the time….and everyone used to point at them walking around because they had never seen a child’s stroller before. Can you imagine that? No one has strollers for their kids….
Report Spam   Logged
Omnia
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:27:53 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

They don't keep out of our countries though, do they?

True, and that is annoying too.

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 08:40:27 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Did you ever see that movie, "Bend it Like Beckham"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286499/

Brilliant UK movie about an Indian family living in the UK whose youngest daughter wanted to play female soccer...Excellent comedy.

Anyway, that being said, the best thing to come out of India is what they can create with spices....I can't fault them for that, but that is about it...LOL

The Indian chef near me with his 100 awards dispalyed in his restaurant has his eye on me and I'd marry him for his lamb korma and poppadoms.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!