Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 29, 2024, 04:26:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Heroin

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heroin  (Read 428 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: December 22, 2008, 07:55:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Heroin is the greatest pain killer known to man.

Like all great things, they're abused by dumb people.

We had a great interview with a former heroin addict, deceased artist Bret Whiteley's wife "Wendy Whiteley" on Denton's "Enough Rope" on our ABC...read the transcripts if you can be bothered

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s2440752.htm

This is where the interview turned onto the heroin subject.

ANDREW DENTON: It was when Arkie was still a child that you started taking heroin. Do you remember the first time you took it?

WENDY WHITELEY: Yes I do, and it wasn’t until Australia, and it was readily available after Vietnam.

ANDREW DENTON: And what was the effect?

WENDY WHITELEY: The first time I used it?

ANDREW DENTON: Mmm.

WENDY WHITELEY: Amazing. You know it was euphoric. It’s stupid to deny that. If it suits you physically it’s an incredible drug. It is what it is. It’s the greatest painkiller on earth. Unfortunately what you don’t realise is that it also destroys the pleasure but you don't think that. The pleasure of discovery is very different to addiction.

ANDREW DENTON: Can you describe addiction? What it what it is once you’re deep in the grip.

WENDY WHITELEY:
Addiction? Oh it’s horrendous. You’re a slave. But you’re not capable of actually being able to find your way out of it. It’s appalling.

ANDREW DENTON: Do you know you’re a slave?

WENDY WHITELEY: Not when you’re trying to justify it, no.

ANDREW DENTON: You were you were both taking it?

WENDY WHITELEY: Yeah.

ANDREW DENTON: But is it like two separate journeys with the same experience?

WENDY WHITELEY: Well one of the things about a drug like heroin is that it does isolate you. You’re in your own world. I mean we didn’t sleep properly, we didn’t do anything properly. I was known to get even more obsessive and I’m already an obsessive and so is Brett so you know but the mechanics of it are horrendous. One, it’s illegal. Two, it’s very expensive. Three, you’ve got to spend time with the most ghastly people that you wouldn’t spend time with normally and you have to kowtow to them because they can play really heavy games with you and you risk being, you know dying in order to get just what in the end just becomes functional without getting sick.

They won't get rid of the opium poppy. it is too important a plant and needed as a painkiller.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!