Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 19, 2024, 12:33:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

The Weather Thread

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Weather Thread  (Read 12818 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2014, 04:51:32 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

This is what 3rd Rail Nongs said about my last sunset...

Cookie Mobster reckons - “Wow thanks for that ive never seen a sunset before, you know it could be good enough for amatuer photograph competitions....if there are not to many entries...and they are all s hit........like yours.”

NSFW reckons- “He wasn't saying it about the swamp, he was saying it about your photography, stupid. And he's right; your photoshopped offering is unremarkble and mundane - and we can say this because in the forum description it clearly states we can rate the offerings here.

Do better, d ickhead. I expect nothing less than award winning photography from someone of your advanced dotage, you're supposed to improve with age.”

I never said anything about the sunset being “remarkable” In fact, it indeed was most decidedly unremarkable but it was the fist sign of a approaching electrical storm. I turned it into something more than it was by removing some ugly pieces of the neighbours TV aerials, saturating the colour a little and adding the swamp. Meanwhile, that storm did in fact, electrocute 5 people, one sadly is going to die when they turn off the life support.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/german-backpacker-stefanie-wiedenroth-critical-in-hospital-after-lightning-strike/story-fnhocxo3-1226862208636

German backpacker Stefanie Wiedenroth critical in hospital after lightning strike

A YOUNG German backpacker remains in a critical condition she was struck by a freak lightning strike in rural WA on Friday.

Stefanie Wiedenroth was working for a sheep crutching contractor at Muntadgin near Bruce Rock when she was hit just before 9am.

The 22-year-old’s employer Darren Major said he was standing about 25m away from Ms Wiedenroth went down.

“We were getting ready to work and Stefanie was walking around in a paddock getting ready,” he said.

“Right above us it was basically blue skies but just off to the west of us there were clouds brewing but nothing to be concerned about; it was basically just a normal day.

“It was just a freak lightning strike, that’s the only way I can describe it.”

Mr Major said four other people standing close to Ms Wiedenroth at the time the lightning hit were also thrown to the ground but weren’t seriously injured.

“I was next to a truck and a spark jumped from the truck to my side, about a two to three inch spark,” he said.

“I didn’t get pushed over but it certainly made me jump.

“This morning it felt like I’ve woken up after a game of football; the right side of my ribs are sore and it just feels like somebody has punched me in the back of the head on the left hand side.”

Workers performed CPR on Ms Wiedenroth for about six minutes while Mr Major called for help.

They then drove her to Bruce Rock Hospital and she was later flown to Royal Perth Hospital by the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Shortly after Ms Wiedenroth was hit, Merredin local Ryan Ash photographed the imposing storm in the region.

It is believed this is Ms Wiedenroth’s second solo backpacking trip to Australia and her second trip to Muntadgin in the WA Wheatbelt.

Mr Major said Ms Wiedenroth had many friends in the tight-knit community and was well-liked.

“She’s full of energy, really enjoyed the country lifestyle. She said it was a totally different experience from Germany,” he said.

“We just hope that she pulls through and makes a recovery from this but at this stage I’m not too sure.”

It is believed Ms Wiedenroth’s family are flying into Perth from Germany tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!