Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 19, 2024, 10:34:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Final 3 in Australian Idol

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Final 3 in Australian Idol  (Read 170 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: November 16, 2008, 12:25:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Last 3 guys, Wes Carr, Luke Dickens, Mark Spano.

Wes Carr has been invited to the USA by Chris Isaacs. Moves well on stage but he has had plenty of practice singing in pubs for 10 yrs.

Chris Isaacs said win or lose, Luke Dickens has a one of kind voice and WILL cut records no doubt about it...he is one of kind like Jimmy Barnes or Joe Cocker....he shears sheep too ....120-40 a day....he needs to win this to get away from those damn baa lambs.

Mark Spano....I don't like him as much as the other two, when he sings a song that suits him, he is faultless....everyone raves about his looks but to me he is just another wop...lol....great cheeky personality too...I like that.

The other thing is, if you do click on the link and watch the 6 X 1.5 minute long songs...check out the great ad that leads Idol this year. It's voted as the best ad in Australia...I hope you have super high speed internet cuz there is NOTHING worse than listening to this stuff when it doesn't play straight away.

http://www.australianidol.com.au/video.html

To me, there is two equal firsts and a close second....ahhhh, but it'll be up to the teeny boppers and how much money they can throw away voting for their favourite.

I voted for two guys equally and my pick for the final two at the Sydney Opera house is Wes and Luke.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:51:09 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I called it!! Meaning I have the ear and can sniff out winners.

Grin

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 03:15:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Idol bungles votes as Spano kicked off

05:00 AEST Tue Nov 18 20081 hour 2 minutes ago

Wes Carr, Mark Spano and Luke Dickens last night.

Nov 17, 2008

Melbourne singer Mark Spano has been booted off Australian Idol amid a flurry of controversy after the show admitted votes were attributed to the wrong contestants.

A bungle on the Australian Idol website meant votes for the final three hopefuls were incorrectly given for around 25 minutes.

A spokesperson for the show insisted the mix-up did not change the result, after the wrong telephone numbers were posted on the website for Spano and hot favourite Wes Carr.

"At all times, the correct information was displayed on-air," a show statement was quoted as saying in the Daily Telegraph.

"Viewers can be assured that the outcome of the verdict is unaffected by this incident.

"However, we recognise this error would have been confusing to those who visited the website during that brief period, and our website management procedures have been reviewed and tightened to ensure no repetition."

Under the system, viewers are asked to vote for their favourite contestant by calling in to a corresponding phone number. Each week, the singer with the least votes is eliminated.

Spano sang a rendition of the INXS song never Tear Us Apart as a farewell to the show as the last two competitors prepare for the final at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday.

"Wes is the best musician I've ever known and Luke is just a freak of nature and I'm glad to be beaten by two complete freaks," Spano said after being voted off.

The judges were lavish with their praise for Spano, encouraging him to continue performing.

"It's safe to say you took my breath away with some truly, truly magnificent performances ... You took us to a new level," Dicko said.

Marcia said he brought humour, cheekiness and musicality backstage while Kyle urged him to "get your stuff out there ... people want to hear it".

Bondi boy Carr is the overwhelming favourite to win the Network Ten competition next week.

On Monday, he sang a rendition of White Noise after making it through to the final.

Luke Dickens, the shearer from Young, remains the underdog.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!