Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 03:16:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Real Estate Through the Roof

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Real Estate Through the Roof  (Read 219 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: February 23, 2013, 05:16:36 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

this shack in our nth west mining boom state will set you back a million dollars...  click the link to look at the interior ....

http://reiwa.com.au/Real-Estate/North-West/3290200

That place is Port Hedland....

now, it has two seasons... the wet and the dry....

the wet is monsoon and cyclone season.... and the dry is hot everyday.... and people have to live in airconditioning, 24/7.

the area in Australia is The Pilbara where tons and tons of iron ore is trafficked out, hourly.... a dish washer can earn 100,000 a year however unless the worker is housed in "single men's quarters" supplied by the mining companies they have to rent or buy on the private market.... rents in the Pilbara are $2,000 a week plus probably $500 (whatever) in electricity.... so what the mining companies do is come to Perth, snap up all the rental properties at $400-500 a week and fly workers home every three weeks causing a housing shortage in the capital city (Perth) People like my younger nieces and nephews, cannot afford to rent. Port Hedland is a two hour flight, north of Perth.

My niece, expecting her second child, still live home with her parents and partner... when she tries to find housing, she has to compete with 20-50 other people and mining companies. So far in the last 3 months, she has failed to find housing... that price of 400 -500 a week is the bottom end of the market too... that is the starting price..

Mining booms causes over inflated prices on EVERYTHING.... the greed is astronomical.

anyway,... recently when I stopped posting here, a refurbished Austrian prefab came on the market for just under $500,000 and I shall post the pictures of a cute little dog box that was sold within days of it being on the market and it's two doors away from my sister... It's not a bad place apart from the diabolical bath tub that was built into the floor... very unsafe and not a place an older person could manage.

I thought my sister should have bought it, moved in and rented her own house to the daughter... that is what they should have done but they're not smart enough to invest in real estate.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:17:14 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

No doubt about it… apart from the hideous bathroom, they did a good job refurbishing this “Austrian prefabricated”  house, a 2 bedroom kit home that was built in the early 1950s by my Austrian father-in-law and 199 other Austrian men who came to Perth to knock up temporary accommodation for state housing tenants.  Later, some of these kit homes had an addition put on… this one did tho. Most of the Austrian Kit homes have been replaced now with modern homes but a few are still around and people refurbish them. The only pleasing thing about them imo is the 5 inch pine floor boards… are rare sight in my part of the world.

This place backyard is great and the house is situated opposite a HUGE sports oval (which you people may call a park)

The stupid idea was building the front decking around a young peppermint tree which will have to come out eventually.

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The price for that place was 489,000 and add 10% stamp duty ( state tax) on top of it..

this is the google shot of the before image.

the front after.. as a reminder.

This is the reserve across the road... about half of it... not quite...

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!