Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 05:10:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Fremantle, Perth Western Australia

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fremantle, Perth Western Australia  (Read 1140 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: June 26, 2011, 07:15:47 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

No place on earth I would rather be...

Eat your heart Gordon Willis…

This is Fremantle tonight... its winter, slightly chilly, quiet and a little lonely.... and very serene.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:16:05 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:53 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

cool!  Very serene.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:52:44 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

the last link in the post takes you to the youtube... it didn't show as a video....

so click on it... I always make little lame movies...lol

this is where I took the pictures of the harbour from. Fremantle is a port to the Indian Ocean.... anyway, the place where I took photos is called Monument Hill, I think... tomorrow I will take better photos... I was just to wrapped up in taking sunset pictures to worry about other things as well.

* tuxpi.com.1309099540.jpg (232.43 KB, 768x576 - viewed 24 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 09:53:49 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

oh, that worked... good, here is another one then..

* tuxpi.com.1309099402.jpg (154.94 KB, 768x432 - viewed 24 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 09:54:51 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

and the last... none of these are straight.. I better pay more attention next time..

* tuxpi.com.1309099287.jpg (187.25 KB, 768x432 - viewed 22 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
icy

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 10:43:46 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Completely stunning!
Report Spam   Logged

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 12:43:09 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, I love the first one...

I can't see that ships name with my naked eye.... that is how far away I was but when I came home and downloaded them from the camera, the name stood out... I sharpened it a little in photobucket so that makes the grains stand out more than they would... but so what? Its only a $300 camera but I have been happy with some of the pictures over the last 6 months of using it.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 01:13:18 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I should invest in a tripod and then they would blur so much...

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 03:59:34 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

That was really exciting stuff for me because obviously when the sun is setting, I am always home and its nearly dinner time so I get stuck with the neighbour’s roof top view… I am getting sick of the palms next door so wanted something with a different foreground. One of my sisters goes there to take pictures of the sunset there… its Monument Hill.. and it’s a really high spot that overlooks Fremantle in every direction… anyway, when I was finished and going home, a young couple pulls up in front of my car with a better camera and a tripod and I said, “you missed the show” and the young man said… “oh no, we have the camera on a 3 second time lapse and take shots of the clouds moving and upload on the computer and we’ve been doing it for 6 months“… I think everyone is getting into photography having better equipment and the means to see their work uploaded as soon as they get back to their computers… in other words, photography has never been better fun. The old days of putting your pictures in waiting a week to have developed only to find half are blurred and you paid good money for the privilege of ruined photos are long, long gone.

This one turned out blurred but I will go back and take a picture of it again… I sharpened it in photobucket.. This place reeks of history…. Once a boarding school and later a Church of Christ and Latter Day Saints and now a private residence…. I’m standing on top of Monument Hill looking down and zooming in..

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:14 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Its such great fun…

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 04:14:52 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Evil
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 05:33:42 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/perth-radar/story-e6frg1rc-1225843967248

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/perths-wild-stormy-weather-here-to-stay/story-e6frg1rc-1226083211963

RESIDENTS of Perth and the South-West have been warned to batten down as a storm front packing destructive winds of up to 130km/h approaches the coast.

At 6am the leading edge of the front crossed the southwest corner of the state between Bunbury and Walpole, with wind gusts of 130km/hr reported at Cape Naturaliste and 109 km/hr at Cape Leeuwin.

The bureau warned that as the front continued to move eastwards, possible dangerous gusts of more than 125km/h could cause significant damage or destruction to homes and property in localised areas.

Thunderstorms and heavy rain may cause flash flooding in some areas.

Higher than normal tides could also cause flooding of low-lying coastal areas between Jurien Bay and Cape Leeuwin, particularly in Geographe Bay.

Dangerous surf conditions could cause beach erosion.
Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 10:45:30 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

That was really exciting stuff for me because obviously when the sun is setting, I am always home and its nearly dinner time so I get stuck with the neighbour’s roof top view… I am getting sick of the palms next door so wanted something with a different foreground. One of my sisters goes there to take pictures of the sunset there… its Monument Hill.. and it’s a really high spot that overlooks Fremantle in every direction… anyway, when I was finished and going home, a young couple pulls up in front of my car with a better camera and a tripod and I said, “you missed the show” and the young man said… “oh no, we have the camera on a 3 second time lapse and take shots of the clouds moving and upload on the computer and we’ve been doing it for 6 months“… I think everyone is getting into photography having better equipment and the means to see their work uploaded as soon as they get back to their computers… in other words, photography has never been better fun. The old days of putting your pictures in waiting a week to have developed only to find half are blurred and you paid good money for the privilege of ruined photos are long, long gone.

This one turned out blurred but I will go back and take a picture of it again… I sharpened it in photobucket.. This place reeks of history…. Once a boarding school and later a Church of Christ and Latter Day Saints and now a private residence…. I’m standing on top of Monument Hill looking down and zooming in..

nice building.  Cool to see all directions.   Not much high ground there or hills huh?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 10:53:47 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

that is ok for walking around though... hills are killers for walking... good exercise though, I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!