Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 03:45:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

How Clean is YOUR House?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How Clean is YOUR House?  (Read 274 times)
zerotolerance

« on: June 23, 2011, 08:23:04 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I once helped shovel, yes literally shovel out a disabled woman's house in Rome, Ohio.  I heard from others who had lived in the country for a long time that there were more people living like that than one would think.  This poor woman actually had baby rats living under the recliner she slept in, yet every day she was picked up by the van for the senior center to go eat lunch and on Sundays  she went to two churches!  When the rescue squad called the health department about it they said there was nothing they could do because it was on the INSIDE and therefore not posing a health threat to the neighbors.  What a load of rubbish.  And when Department of Human services was called, they met with her at the senior center and never even went to see the house!   Two churches got involved with clearing out the house and we had a burning fire and literally burned hundreds of bags of trash.  Looking back it was not the right thing to do because she couldn't handle living there and went soon after to a senior apartment and her lazy ass son rented the cleaned out house out.  She couldn't even live in the apartment, and after she caused a fire was sent to a nursing home where she withered away.   The right thing to do would have been for her to be pulled out of there right then and put in assisted living.   Her younger boy, I was told, climbed a ladder to get to his room so he wouldn't have to go through the downstairs, prior to going to live with the older brother.  Am I my brother's keeper?  You have to wonder.   The churches she attended were not the ones who did the big clean-up.  It was actually me and this one feisty old lady how started the project and then gladia browbeat her sons into getting involved.  One was on the board of one of the churches.  I attended the other one at that time.  Ended up being about 40 people, which was needed.  The first time we went in and discovered the rodents, I screamed and ran and Gladia took a shovel after them and killed two!  She was one tough lady!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:38 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

My bath would pass inspection... just...

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:59:56 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

this is the episode I saw last night...

it was brilliant..

the second part...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg6ABM0BrR4&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:29:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The English women give the pigs a good old, "whats for" but the American version "Hoarders" treat lazy pigs with kid gloves and that isn't good for them either.

I watched another one last night because they had back to back episodes and the woman was a young English painter (artist) and she was a good artist too... her place was worse....omg... I will see if I can find it.

last part of episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blE6FpVIyxw&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:26:20 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am in danger of becoming a hoarder... I better clean the bathroom vanity... trust me, the dressing table is worse..

this is bad....lol  Shocked

* 016.JPG (193.76 KB, 820x615 - viewed 16 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 05:29:25 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Your bathroom is lovely!   
Love the tub.  I don't think you are too bad as far as hoarding. 

That guy's flat was gross.  I like the use of the natural, non-chemical cleaners on that show.  Grapefruit and salt.  Who would have thought?   Sugar salt solution!  wow.   
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:50:14 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am not the hoarder, the other half is... but that is a long story and it really bugs the hell of me to the point I want a separate house.

I should have cleared a bit before the photo anyway... and rerolled the towels at least but I was too lazy...lol
Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 08:34:08 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am not the hoarder, the other half is... but that is a long story and it really bugs the hell of me to the point I want a separate house.

I should have cleared a bit before the photo anyway... and rerolled the towels at least but I was too lazy...lol

lol, so typical in marriages, one hoarder, one not. 

maybe I will video the place.  I haven't decided yet.

Here in America we have a few shows about hoarding and messes. 

Do you guys get animal planet down there?   There is a show about animal hoarders too. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!