Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
May 22, 2017, 08:10:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Doomsday Wrote (and well written too)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Doomsday Wrote (and well written too)  (Read 542 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: June 21, 2011, 10:20:06 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Dooms:

It's odd that you cite the TDT war as one of the things that got you hooked on BH, I always felt like that was one of our least interesting feuds. The old-timers who knew the history took an interest in it but to everyone else it was pretty ho-hum. It was a delicate period for us trying to juggle a war with the TDT while at the same time trying hard not to alienate the rest of our posters who couldn't have cared less about any of it.

It was also the beginning of the cross-site shadow-wars were the majority of the fighting was done "behind the scenes", so to speak.

The TDT was a dying flame group trying desperately to regain some significance on the WWW after leaving the MSN flame clubs. Their goal was to ride our coattails in-order to draw traffic and significance to their struggling website. For years their gimmick was that they were the good guys of flaming, that's how they portrayed themselves. We knew this wasn't true, they netcopped posters, hacked, posted personal info and were just as devious as anyone else. They were by far the biggest hypocrites in flame forum history. Bar none.

They got away with it because the alt.discuss community was full of weak people who weren't capable of properly calling them out on it. Up until Brawl Hall they had never faced a strong opponent. Our goal was to expose their hypocrisy while out-flaming them at the same time. Without their gimmick of pretending to be the good guys of flaming their plan of creating a safe haven for Brawl Hall victims would fail and all they would be left with was an incredibly dull forum full of uninteresting bland posters. Or at least that was our belief at the time.

We set the plan into action, baited them into reacting in the manner we had hoped, and it all fell into place exactly as predicted. As a result their posting traffic dropped by around 90% from the time their feud with BH started up until when it ended. That's not merely speculation or exaggeration either, it's a proven fact and the numbers were posted on the boards at the time for all to see.

Dismantling the TDT was actually not a very diffulcult thing to do. All it involved was us exposing them as hypocrites, the rest they did on their own. Their forum just wasn't very interesting and they failed to evolve in ability between the transition from alt.discuss to the WWW. After the on-board war ended and their traffic was all but dead the shadow wars continued. Their forum was deleted at one point by some very bad people and later they were knocked offline for over 6 months, that was pretty much the final nail in their coffin. They never came close to recovering and eventually the entire website became a 404 error.

The feud was not nearly as interesting as the BH versus DS feud... which actually had about a hundred different twists and turns with both sides getting hit pretty hard before BH finally destroyed them. It especially didn't compare to the BH versus F4$ saga which lasted for years and probably accounted for more quality flame posts than any other feud in history.

In hindsight I wish that the BH/TDT war would have worked out differently. If not for the ego's on both sides we could have had a far more interesting feud that wasn't quite as bitter.

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:47:44 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I thought it was a great pity TDT ended up being total jerks.

Its nice belonging to forum (CO) where the admins don’t listen to weaklings who disguise themselves as bullies. Weakling Fleadung is one such cowardly person … she is a "group thinker"  group thinking is not my style and never will be although not always of course.

I shudder to think I would ever be so weak as to need a gang to back me up. But most of all, I am disappointed in my friend there at the now defunct TDT who threw me under a bus, hey Mark?… I think the saddest thing in life next to real life death, is losing a friend.

Dooms said they’re the biggest hypocrites and he is 100% correct and I add devious and dangerous as well and really, so is Brawl Hall but ladr is a good man… but he wasn’t always a good man to some as he admitted personally to me…

So, flaming has lost their talented posters and very few remain…. And reading “flamers and trolls” has become very tedious… it really has… they are so damn stupid ….no seriously, really stupid people..

If anyone knows the story of the vampire Lestat, a character from Ann Rice novels, these hybrid trolls of flaming like the Snorz and Fleadung are like vampires who never should have been allowed to be vampires in the first place. Lestat had to kill many of them…..lol…not that you actually can since they’re supposed to be immortal. It isn’t true of course… the angels themselves are “mortal” which means “able to die” and angels certainly can die…but that is another story on another subject.
Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I thought it was a great pity TDT ended up being total jerks.

Its nice belonging to forum (CO) where the admins don’t listen to weaklings who disguise themselves as bullies. Weakling Fleadung is one such cowardly person … she is a "group thinker"  group thinking is not my style and never will be although not always of course.

I shudder to think I would ever be so weak as to need a gang to back me up. But most of all, I am disappointed in my friend there at the now defunct TDT who threw me under a bus, hey Mark?… I think the saddest thing in life next to real life death, is losing a friend.

Dooms said they’re the biggest hypocrites and he is 100% correct and I add devious and dangerous as well and really, so is Brawl Hall but ladr is a good man… but he wasn’t always a good man to some as he admitted personally to me…

So, flaming has lost their talented posters and very few remain…. And reading “flamers and trolls” has become very tedious… it really has… they are so damn stupid ….no seriously, really stupid people..

If anyone knows the story of the vampire Lestat, a character from Ann Rice novels, these hybrid trolls of flaming like the Snorz and Fleadung are like vampires who never should have been allowed to be vampires in the first place. Lestat had to kill many of them…..lol…not that you actually can since they’re supposed to be immortal. It isn’t true of course… the angels themselves are “mortal” which means “able to die” and angels certainly can die…but that is another story on another subject.

Yeah, stupid is the word.

I told you I had never seen the flame world until after Dean had tried to take out PME.  I was on my way home from college.  Earlier in the day, he had demanded the password to the manager account.  I didn't give it to him.  He went ballistic and started to take out the board.  I had over 900 members and was doing an enormous daily volume of posts.   Number one in activity which was hard on the politics groups.  Anyway, I got a call form one of the assistant managers while on the freeway that Dean was having a meltdown.  I got home and demoted him but he had faked an account, mirroring my daughter's nickname.  She was an honorary assistant manager.   Anyway, that is when Rainbow got in touch with me and told me some of the history.  She showed me the war going on and the private flame sites and the private anti-troll sites which were nothing more than flame clique sites.  

All of it actually made me sick.

Flaming in a spoof like manner, using wit and satire is more to my liking.  I could never be a hard core flamer.  But I don't let people bully me and in a fair venue, which is what I have experienced at CO, I will not be bullied down.  

I dealt with stupid trolls on the MSN political groups.  We had a nutter Womyn of 3 who used to dig into everyone's personal dirt and play sick games with some guy named pavlov's pig's help.   She targetted me just for speaking my damned mind and part of the fun I had online was rising above her.  When she crossed the line too far, I contacted MSN corporate and they shut down a bunch of their secret little sites, not just her politilcal gossip fest.   I didn't even know she had those boards till they tried it again and talked about how much they lost.  The next sweep from MSN came and they took out her private storage sites.   She was a **** nutcase.   I spoofed her on my political group.  I had a board where I mimicked them with similar nicks and said it was a play of sorts for entertainment.   I became known as she who could not be named.   LOL!  It was really funny to see those bullies, who were alot like flea and her ilk reduced to not even mentioning my name.  

Anyway, when I saw the world of flame, and Dean didn't have a computer, so wasn't there except through proxies like flea, I was so disgusted I ran back to him, over the phone.  He begged me to marry him and I did, and he and I took my own political group out.  But by then, it had been taken over by ..... well paranoia, in my absence.   I didn't care that it was gone.  It would never be the same.

I learned a hard lesson about differentiating between reality and fantasy, good and bad.  Because the messenger has it's own problems, is not reason to disgard the message.

The truth is the truth no matter the messenger.  

I believe Prowler himself got rid of the site.   I have seen misinformation put out on the closing of many groups over the years.  That is my gut and I believe it had to do with his own feelings about the place changing.  Just a gut feeling Caskur.  I'd have to be proven wrong.

I went to TDT a few times.  There was no freedom for the cream to rise to the top there or the light to shine either.  It was a dark, dank, gloomy place.  
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

It could have been X-Wired and or pogo.... they used to like politics and X-Wired was known to go ballistic..

I'm glad to see the back of those days now that you're reminding me about it all..

but net copping is severely frowned on...

and net cops are despised....

Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 05:45:46 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

It could have been X-Wired and or pogo.... they used to like politics and X-Wired was know to go ballistic..

I'm glad to see the back of those days now that you're reminding me about it all..

but net copping is severely frowned on...

and net cops are despised....

What those people were doing was EXTREME.

Womyn of 3 was jealous of everyone who didn't cower to her, but she herself could NEVER bring in or keep members because people who were on there to talk politics were there for that, not her stupid stuff.  She couldn't seem to grasp that so she resorted to degrading people personally and spreading rumors about them.  Other managers on politics wanted nothing to do with her either.  Only a few.  Anyway, I don't regret it. 

When people choose to go to a flame board, they know what they are getting themselves into.  When they go to a board that is supposed to be a discussion board, things can get heated but it shouldn't be flaming. I didn't tolerate much personal stuff and I was the most active.   
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 06:16:09 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

flaming isn't personal

don't get "insults" and flaming mixed up....

both Prowlers and DM "flame"... what they do is flaming..

what the other lesser twits do isn't flaming...

they're just disgusting and no other description, describes them.
Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:18:45 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

flaming isn't personal

don't get "insults" and flaming mixed up....

both Prowlers and DM "flame"... what they do is flaming..

what the other lesser twits do isn't flaming...

they're just disgusting and no other description, describes them.

I saw Prowler put Dean in his place on a political group, and it WAS personal.  He went after him for being a woman beater.  I really hardly have seen flame for fun.  Can you show me some other than what I have seen you do?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 06:28:44 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, in my archives here are matches... and at CO they have a match history as well....

http://www.cosmicoutpost.com/index.php?topic=52488.0

Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 08:39:08 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, in my archives here are matches... and at CO they have a match history as well....

http://www.cosmicoutpost.com/index.php?topic=52488.0

Ok with all due respect, what I see is you trying to be funny, witty, satirical and spoofy and most of the stuff from others being the same old crap.  I think you are way above all that Caskur and you could do so much more with your writing!  Like write comedy sketches or even a movie script!  I posted this on the shout box too. 
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 08:44:38 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

that is what the real flamers complain about... the riff raff wrecking their game...lol

yes, the Snorz is a come down in flame... but no one seems to want matches at CO.. fair enough..

too bad the flamers left here..

I am not too worried though, I occupy my creative side with chops and photography at the moment.

I just fixed this chop for dovey... I wonder if she will use it now.

Here, let a real pro do your chops..

Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 09:12:55 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

that is what the real flamers complain about... the riff raff wrecking their game...lol

yes, the Snorz is a come down in flame... but no one seems to want matches at CO.. fair enough..

too bad the flamers left here..

I am not too worried though, I occupy my creative side with chops and photography at the moment.

I just fixed this chop for dovey... I wonder if she will use it now.

Here, let a real pro do your chops..

Ok, I went and read some of that match between you and sezza.  I can't believe she won.  I think it was a pitty win.  I saw POGO chimed in there.  Now I have some context on some of the things you two are saying to each other still.   And I did see the post about her stalking.  It is a very looong match...lol

I think she is jealous that you are my friend! 

I never said I was a flamer.   I have been having some fun there or I would not have stayed, and then some replies are just a matter of principle.   Yeah, that is a good chop.  I can't even tell it is a chop.   
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 09:27:55 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I turned the girls body around instead of Dovey's head... and matched the skin tones... I can't help myself fixing other peoples bad chops.

I have a headache tonight..

I am going to be watching "How Clean Is Your House" and then go to sleep...

I hope I wake up...  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 09:36:13 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I turned the girls body around instead of Dovey's head... and matched the skin tones... I can't help myself fixing other peoples bad chops.

I have a headache tonight..

I am going to be watching "How Clean Is Your House" and then go to sleep...

I hope I wake up...  Roll Eyes

Never saw that show.  I'll have to google it. 

Have a good sleep. 
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 10:24:15 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not asleep yet... back to back episodes "How Clean Is Your House"
Report Spam   Logged
zerotolerance

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 06:55:07 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not asleep yet... back to back episodes "How Clean Is Your House"

I probably should have posted that shout on this thread.  I just went on and on without planning to. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to: