Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 12:02:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Henpecked Hubby Strangles Wife

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Henpecked Hubby Strangles Wife  (Read 122 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: September 19, 2008, 10:30:42 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24353961-5008620,00.html

September 16, 2008 09:30am

A HENPECKED man snapped and strangled his controlling de facto wife after she upset his beloved pet dog, a court has been told.

Anthony Sherna and Susanne Wild lived in isolation at their Tarneit home, near Werribee in Victoria, with no friends, no social life and just their Jack Russell maltese terrier cross, Hubble, for company, the Herald Sun reported.

Each night Mr Sherna, 42, rocked Hubble to sleep in his arms while listening to the radio.

But when Ms Wild, 53, began shouting as he cuddled the dog one night in February this year, Mr Sherna snapped, Melbourne Magistrates Court was told yesterday.

"I reached the threshold of the horrible life that we had together," he allegedly told police.

"It was loud and Hubble was shaking like a leaf, and because it takes a good 15 minutes to get him into bed . . . he was shaking and I was really angry."

He told police he put the dog to bed and grabbed a dressing gown cord. Ms Wild was still "mouthing off" and he strangled her.

After killing her, he went and played the pokies and visited a brothel, Mr Sherna said.

Yesterday, he pleaded not guilty to Ms Wild's murder.

In an interview tendered to Melbourne Magistrates Court, he told police they had slept in separate rooms for a decade and had not had sex in three years.

He said Ms Wild was agoraphobic. Both drank each day and they argued constantly, he said.

Mr Sherna said Ms Wild would not give him any spending money.

Without family and friends to turn to, life was a "pressure cooker".

Mr Sherna told police he left her body on a bed for several days until it began to decompose.

Not wanting Hubble to be traumatised by seeing the body, Mr Sherna took him to a pet resort and left him overnight while he buried Ms Wild.

The court was told Mr Sherna rang his mother and confessed.

Acting Detective Sergeant Nigel L'Estrange told the court: "I'd say he was one of the most co-operative suspects I have interviewed."

Mr Sherma was remanded in custody to appear at the Supreme Court later this month.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!