Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 01:12:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Pauline Hanson

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pauline Hanson  (Read 118 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: April 11, 2011, 02:54:16 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Grin you go girl.

Quote from: stellar board=general thread=6857 post=131070 time=1302485306
Wow ... she's now 6000 votes ahead of the Greens' Jeremy Buckingham with 91% of the primary voted counted.  Looks like she might very well get the last seat.  Final results expected Tuesday. 

Might be seeing more of her around, lol.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:51:39 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/hanson-requests-new-vote-count-and-a-please-explain-20110413-1de85.html

Hanson requests new vote count and a please explain

Brian Robins
April 14, 2011

An Open Day With a Difference May 6 - 8. A Truly Amazing Event

PAULINE HANSON wants a recount and described the computerised counting system as ''not fair'' after falling 1306 votes short of a NSW upper house seat.
The former One Nation leader, who stood as an independent, said preferences were not distributed fairly and raised concerns about the randomised preference system used by the NSW Electoral Commission to distribute surplus votes.

Ms Hanson said she would seek legal advice about requesting a recount and write to the Electoral Commission about her concerns. ''It's not just about Pauline Hanson,'' she said. ''We need to make sure that this is a fair and just election. I just don't feel that this election was conducted this way.''

Before preferences, Ms Hanson led the Nationals by 7540 votes and the Greens - who took the 20th spot - by 15,470.

Apart from her concerns about the random distribution of preferences, she was upset by reports a scrutineer had discovered 15 votes for her in a bundle of blank votes. ''And that's just one bundle that we found,'' she said. ''I haven't got the resources that major political parties have for people to stand there watching it. I want to ensure I did get every vote I was entitled to.''

A NSW Electoral Commission spokesman said a recount would depend on a ruling by the Court of Disputed Returns. Any aggrieved party had 40 days to lodge an appeal after yesterday's return of the election writs.

The NSW president of One Nation, Richard Putral, said the voting system was unduly complex, arguing many had voted above the line for Ms Hanson, but their votes were ruled invalid.
Brian Robins; AAP

Pretty much proof elections are farces.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!