Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 29, 2024, 08:22:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Australian Idol - Ousted Idol: karaoke comp wasn't for me

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Idol - Ousted Idol: karaoke comp wasn't for me  (Read 374 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:40 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, the bastards got their first one wrong...this guy can sing, really sing....pity he chose an unknown song for his first act and the biggest pity of all, they changed the bloody voting giving the Perth guy a disadvantage in the first test case....ARSEHOLES....NO REALLY, THEY'RE ARSEHOLES.....I went to vote and because of the time lag, my votes weren't recorded...

The singer-songwriter from Perth, who was the first of the top 12 to be booted on Monday night, said while not wanting to seem ungrateful, he was glad he got kicked off the television show because he was a fish out of water singing cover songs.

"I started losing faith in myself not as artist but as a performer," Taylor said.

"I would have been questioning my musical integrity if I had of gone any further."

Taylor beat 38,000 hopefuls to make the top 12 but was in the bottom three alongside Sophie Paterson and Teale Jakubenko.

The 22-year-old said he believed the others in the competition were more comfortable with the Network Ten TV show.

"All those guys and girls sing covers, they do that. I never have, never will and it was an extreme challenge for me," Taylor said.

"It's just very, very difficult, borderline impossible for me to emotionally connect with somebody else's song because I know how personal and how precious my songs are to me. It's almost like I feel a little bit bad doing it to other people's songs."

Taylor insisted he did not want to sound disrespectful or come across as having "sour grapes" and said he did have fun on the show.

"I knew that it was just a televised karaoke competition. I knew exactly what I was getting in for," he said.

"It was just the reality of it - I was a fish out of water in the competition.

"It was a lot more challenging than I realised."

Taylor will head back to Perth and wants to get back into writing original songs and performing in a band.

He believes Sydney's Wes Carr or 16-year-old Tom Williams will win.

"Wes is a bit of golden boy," Taylor said.

"Tom is a bit of a golden boy but for the wrong reasons because he's a cutesy-wutesy kid with dimples.

"But I think they're all stars and I couldn't pick and it's especially hard for me to pick because I'm a music snob."

He added that he hoped NSW shearer Luke Dickens would go far.

© AAP 2008

* John Taylor.jpg (26.18 KB, 445x300 - viewed 29 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 12:45:37 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I remember one of the earlier Aussie Idols where they threw out a woman who sang country and western too early...she had one of the finest voices I have ever heard...attractive too....so when you're good, it does boil down to genre...obviously the older the audience, they have personal preferences...for instance, "EvilFunnelweb" from Aussie News talkback likes big band music and I don't.....I'm an eighties girl, not a 1940's one....LOL
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:59:36 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

http://www.australianidol.com.au/video.html?vxSiteId=d8d9c048-9737-4812-9589-10bb2864aa03&vxChannel=S6Per%3AFinal04&vxClipId=2558_0938TT091108&vxBitrate=300&CMP=LEC-DANCEgetVideoLink

Pick your top 2 idols for the Sydney Oprah House.

As far as I am concerned, there are two equal talents there that deserve to be at the top 2 and draw a win. I would hate to pick between the two.

Last year, there was less than 1% difference between the top two and this year is no different.

All Aussie Idols this year were fabulous. A thoroughly entertaining show. I would love to see DVDs on every show put out as I would buy the whole lot and play them all. If they ever do that, they should include the judges comments as well

The judges are fantastic and really make the show, both their negative and positive comments make for great Sunday night TV.

This show spits all over other reality TV by 100 to 1.

All I can say is, more, more, more, Australian idol.

How about bringing every single performer back again from every year and doing a comeback show.

I'd watch that, how about you? Pick your top 2 idols for the Sydney Oprah House.

As far as I am concerned, there are two equal talents there that deserve to be at the top 2 and draw a win. I would hate to pick between the two.

Last year, there was less than 1% difference between the top two and this year is no different.

All Aussie Idols this year were fabulous. A thoroughly entertaining show. I would love to see DVDs on every show put out as I would buy the whole lot and play them all. If they ever do that, they should include the judges comments as well

The judges are fantastic and really make the show, both their negative and positive comments make for great Sunday night TV.

This show spits all over other reality TV by 100 to 1.

All I can say is, more, more, more, Australian idol.

How about bringing every single performer back again from every year and doing a comeback show.

I'd watch that, how about you?

The celebrity judges really made it this year. I am a fan of Cyndi Lauper, and Chris Isaaks who judged in this season's line-up. It was an outstanding search for great singers which the world really needs. Good voices. Luke and Wes are brilliant. They're all good but those two are unique and saleable. This show is good for Australia. If you watched the Johnny Okeef show the other night, you'd understand where I am going with these comments.

Chris Isaaks says Australia is now his home. I think he might migrate actually.    USA’s “Pink,” has the same hankering as well.

Even people like Mark Holden get it wrong in past judging comments. The recording moguls in the USA told Cyndi Lauper she couldn't record "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". Oops, I guess they got that one wrong big time, didn't they?

My negative comment for the show this year consists of this year's atrocious voting situation. They really messed that one up!

Other than that, I can't get enough of that show, start to finish.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 03:34:44 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'll be shocked to my foundations if Wes isn't the winner.

Even though "Mark" performed a fantastic second number his overall performance throughout the series was NOT that of a runner-up. He isn't drop dead gorgeous as the judges say, he is bloody ugly wop....however, he is funny and does have charm but his voice isn't up there with the other two, Wes and Luke.

Chris Isaaks got it right. I agree with his assessment of the remaining talent...lunch in America with Wes and Luke will get a record made.

Luke is another singer up there with Joe Cocker and Jimmy Barnes.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:59 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Do they run one or two editions of it a year where you are?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!