Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 04:23:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Is Obama Really "Black?"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Is Obama Really "Black?"  (Read 290 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: September 12, 2008, 12:14:49 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I found this really interesting. Altair posted it on Obama at Newstalkback.au, claiming that Obama isn't really an African American, he is more like an Arab American....what do you think?

From: Altair_au  (Original Message) Sent: 9/12/2008 12:22 AM

Is Obama black ?

Much has been made of the new dawn with an Afro-American running for President. Now given the difficulties Afro-Americans have experienced it would seem to herald the black community going forward with confidence free from past restraints. Fair enough. Howver the question has been asked is Barack Obama actually black ?

Here's the controversy -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARGE 14 - “I understand what it is to be an African American.”

EVIDENCE – Senator Obama is not African American according to U.S. Law. Senator Obama is an Arab-American according to U.S. Law. SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2, SOURCE 3

COUNTER CLAIM - Senator Obama’s father is from Kenya (Black African) and he (Obama) was born in America. How can you say he is not African American?

REBUTTAL – Senator Obama’s racial background consists of the following: 50% white (mother, both sides), 43.25% Arabic (father, both sides), and 6.25% African Negro (father, one side, 1 generation removed). 12.5% is the legal threshold one must prove to claim racial status under the law. In addition, Senator Obama cannot make a sociological claim as an African American either. He was not raised as an African American, was not raised by African Americans, and was not raised in an African American neighborhood.

VERDICT – SENATOR OBAMA, YOU ARE A LIAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above from

List of Lies from Savage Politicson 21 Feb 2008 at 1:22 am 1
by Shallow Hal
SavagePolitics.com Contributor
(ORIGINAL AUTHOR of the now famous “Barack Obama’s LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES”)

Interesting....anyone have any rebuttals ? Lets keep an open mind, maybe he is / isnt.

Anyone any evidence either way ?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:29 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

He is biracial.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 02:36:59 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

He is biracial.

He is biracial, true but people keep writing headlines, African American President....I think that is what Altair is getting at.

In fact, they should be writing, Arab American President if they want to be pedantic.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 04:34:59 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I would not consider him an African American candidate.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:27:05 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I like Obama, there isn't anything really not to like about him except that awful picture out there of his wife and Oprah frowning about something with his back to the photographer.....

But he is a good looking man and nicely spoken. I think that the church he aligned himself with for years didn't help his cause but he certainly is a good speaker. I have a feeling he is going to win this.

He has a containment about himself that is attractive...he has youth on his side and the international community seem to like him...

I think he going to win it this time.

I watch Letterman late at night and he is always slagging off McCain. I think the average American person thinks the occupation in Iraq is way over due for being abandoned and let the Iraqi police their own country,  themselves. Americans see their tax dollars going down the drain, fast.

I also think at the last minute the average American may become afraid over security issues. That always drives people to pick a government they'll feel most protected by....hence swing voters may like McCain more.....minorities decide governments, not the majority....there will always be 33% who'll  vote left only, and 33% who will ONLY ever vote right, and the 5% swing voters decide the government.

Whatever happens, BC over at FC is WRONG about this having nothing to do with anyone but Americans...she is wrong....all the countries of the world have a stake in the outcome of this election...obviously NOT on America's domestic concerns, that is for America's citizens...but internationally, everyone's leaders want to know what they're dealing with or I should say more precisely, whom they'll be dealing with and I can't wait for the outcome, personally.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:45:52 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

The latest polls show Obama leading McCain by a slight margin with those likely to vote.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:01:03 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The latest polls show Obama leading McCain by a slight margin with those likely to vote.

Well if it is that close then perhaps Obama might lose.

I don't know.

When we had polls, they said Labour, [like your democrats] were streaks ahead but when people went to the polls, they only JUST scraped in.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!