Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 19, 2024, 12:56:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Big Mushrooms - Large Olives

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Big Mushrooms - Large Olives  (Read 682 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: April 22, 2010, 01:50:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ok, its nearly been a week. What stage I am up to is soaking the olives in plain water for 7 days, changing the water everyday. I cut them according to the instructions I got from the net and I have tried before, and it works a charm.

Soon I will be doing the same thing with salty water except I will be changing the water maybe every five days… then after 2 weeks, I can eat them.. Note how they’re changing colour already as the bitterness in the skin leeches out… these are very ripe olives… on the tree there are two green ones waiting to change colour, which is a bit of a **** off really… I mean, who wants to go to the trouble of pickling two olives…

This time last year, my crop filled the whole containers…. This year, I only have the row floating on top… I also used plastic lids to weight the olives down… it works perfectly…

The salty water I will use is roughly 60-70 grams of salt to the size of that full container…these are ready for eating really quickly because they’re over-ripe…YUM. I am just going to make olive sandwiches… and no one else is going to get one….I hope…lol …My nephew said he wants to try some… I made him climb to the top of the tree to get them…lol

This was last years crop size…. About 4 times what I got this year ….

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!