Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 09:59:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Just saying "hi"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just saying "hi"  (Read 496 times)
«ŠÞëärƒïsh»

« on: September 08, 2008, 07:35:59 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

It was a busy summer and the weather dropped drastically this past week.

Hard to believe that snow could be on the ground within a month or so.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:10:38 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

It was a busy summer and the weather dropped drastically this past week.

Hard to believe that snow could be on the ground within a month or so.

It is Spring here....lovely days but the nights are still a little nippy.

Yes, I guess the activity on the boards will pick up with the Americans being more confined to their houses and the elections hot up.

Who do you like as a winner, Spearfish, anyone on your mind?
Report Spam   Logged
«ŠÞëärƒïsh»

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:21:10 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can we vote "None of the above?"

I'm avoiding reading any articles until the election gets closer.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 04:03:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Neither of the choices are good in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 04:58:39 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Neither of the choices are good in my opinion.

That is how I felt in the Federal elections.

We just had our state elections. Alan Carpenter who happens to be my member of parliament, was also our State Premier [leader of the State] he was great and doing a great job in my opinion….he replaced Jeff Gallop. Jeff resigned due to suffering from depression so Alan took his place….well we only found out last night that Alan Carpenter lost the election after a whole week of waiting and wondering who was going to win…..

what happened was, a third party called The National Country Party held the balance of power…they won in the country areas. Traditionally the NCP are conservatives, so they had to either support the lefties [Alan Carpenter] or the Conservatives “The Liberal Party”….it is very confusing to explain to Americans because you call your lefties “liberals”…lol

The National Party threw their support to the Liberals [right-wingers] and so Alan lost….I think a Premier is equivalent to a Governor…..basically, we had a “hung parliament”…..you see, people all over the world are just not happy or really sure who will deliver the best service for them….

Alan Carpenter is married to an Aboriginal woman and has 4 daughters, with her. He was formerly a journalist with the ABC [Australian Broadcasting Company]…I’ve spoken to him over the phone, he is nice.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 06:06:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The US is going to have a rough four years no matter what.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 06:36:43 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The US is going to have a rough four years no matter what.

What happened this week is the talk of our nation this morning....Not only did we have wall to wall "Labour" [leftie] states, but also a Federal Labour government [leftie]....now this week has broken that unusual situation with and extremely unusual situation AGAIN  that apparently has never happened before.....

the country areas have run down....Western Australia's natural resources supplies the whole of the Australian economy and we are 1/3 of the entire country, yet the money from our state supports the other states....this is unfair...by rights, we should really get a third of our revenue going towards the infrastructure [instead of the Federal coffers], especially in our country's vast areas.....You know, if you live in our state outside the metro area, you have to have the flying doctor pick you up and bring you back to the capital to a major hospital in case of an emergency....that is likened to a plane from Nevada say,  picking you up in New York city and flying you back to Nevada....or even LA.....

Our country has been so mismanaged,... it borders, if not outright criminal, on the edge of criminality in my view.

Now we have the Liberals [right-winged conservatives] probably going to mine uranium in the North and of course the Greenies will be horrified....they'll stop it, I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 12:55:34 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

My guess right now is Obama will probably win but not be relected in 2012.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 01:13:53 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think he will too.

He has the look of a President....he is the right age and appears to be an academic.....I think they'll give him a go.

I think the the Palin business has turned into a carnival and people wouldn't like the thought of someone like her becoming President if anything happened to McCain...

If the USA suddenly comes under attack and that scares the American people, they'll vote for McCain instead......what the right-wingers will do is pull out another Osama Bin Laden tape just before the election or perhaps an anthax scare in the post to remind everyone about  Sept 11 attacks.....or a bird flu scare, or some out of space stunt....that is what they normally do just before elections...watch the news closely and see if my predictions hold water.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!