Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 09:58:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Just saying "hi"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just saying "hi"  (Read 495 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: September 14, 2008, 04:58:39 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Neither of the choices are good in my opinion.

That is how I felt in the Federal elections.

We just had our state elections. Alan Carpenter who happens to be my member of parliament, was also our State Premier [leader of the State] he was great and doing a great job in my opinion….he replaced Jeff Gallop. Jeff resigned due to suffering from depression so Alan took his place….well we only found out last night that Alan Carpenter lost the election after a whole week of waiting and wondering who was going to win…..

what happened was, a third party called The National Country Party held the balance of power…they won in the country areas. Traditionally the NCP are conservatives, so they had to either support the lefties [Alan Carpenter] or the Conservatives “The Liberal Party”….it is very confusing to explain to Americans because you call your lefties “liberals”…lol

The National Party threw their support to the Liberals [right-wingers] and so Alan lost….I think a Premier is equivalent to a Governor…..basically, we had a “hung parliament”…..you see, people all over the world are just not happy or really sure who will deliver the best service for them….

Alan Carpenter is married to an Aboriginal woman and has 4 daughters, with her. He was formerly a journalist with the ABC [Australian Broadcasting Company]…I’ve spoken to him over the phone, he is nice.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!