Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 18, 2024, 09:34:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Colleen Hewett - Wind Beneath My Wings...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Colleen Hewett - Wind Beneath My Wings...  (Read 159 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: August 29, 2008, 10:09:06 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

# 3 on the list....

http://www.jbhifimusic.com.au/artistalbum.aspx?artist=11649&album=229821

There is ONLY one who can sing this song....the original and best version, she was born to sing this and this is a little of her history....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Hewett

Colleen Hewett (born 16 April 1950) is an Australian actress and popular singer. She is perhaps best known to international audiences for her role in the television series Prisoner as Sheila Brady.

Pop Singer
Born in the gold mining town of Bendigo,Victoria, Colleen began her career at the age of 12 when she sang with The Esquires of Bendigo YMCA. During the 60s she toured Australia with a number of groups including the Laurie Allen Revue. Colleen began her recording career in the early 70s with the release of her debut single "Superstar" and album "Colleen Hewett." Cast in the musical Godspell at the original Playbox Theatre in Melbourne, she received a Gold Record for "Day by Day" (1972), her song from the show. These successes led to her being crowned Queen of Pop two years running. She later achieved two further Gold Records for "Dreaming My Dreams With You" (1980) and her acclaimed version of "Wind Beneath My Wings" (1983).

[edit] Stage & Theatre
Colleen's other musical theatre credits include Pippin, the acclaimed rock opera Tommy, and Return to the Forbidden Planet. While performing in Pippin, she and her costar John Farnham also hosted the television variety show It's Magic, moving between the studio during the day and the theatre at night.

[edit] TV career
While her music career soared through the 70s, Colleen was also very busy performing in a host of television dramas including Homicide, Matlock Police, Truckles, Carson's Law, Division 4, Young Ramsay, Cop Shop, Prisoner and Flying Doctors, many of which had an international release.

[edit] The Present
As of 2000, she has been enjoying semi-retirement, spending time in Melbourne, Bendigo and Fiji with family and friends. Summer 2006 she starred as Marion Woolnough (Peter Allen's mother) in the Australian tour of The Boy From Oz, headlined by Hugh Jackman.

[edit] Discography & Highest Chart Positions

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!