Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 06:18:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

My Biggest Fear for Planet Earth

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Biggest Fear for Planet Earth  (Read 692 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: July 22, 2008, 08:09:22 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I come from a family of professional fishermen on my dad’s side…Times were excellent in that profession during the 60’s 70’s 80’s 90’s…and the environment was a lot cleaner….they did use the seas to dump stuff in the old days. They used to use the sea to dump all the skins of the sheep before someone here thought to turn them into Ugg boots and lambs wool car seat cover and so forth…..dumping organic waste is probably not as bad as dumping plastic.

Neighbours and friends who recreational fish have been complaining for awhile now, the fish off the jetties aren’t as big as they were or as plenty as they were, to me, in the last 15 ish years….and they also complain that the Asian immigrants pull out too many small ones.

Today on our news, there has been discovered a flock of seagulls who have died or are dying on one of our southern beaches near me…..tests are being done on them right now…..this flock possibly ingested something from a nearby dump….that is the likely place for a seagull to catch something bacterially fatal or someone poisoning them on purpose is another reason I can think of, for a flock to die…..the beach has been closed as a precaution but authorities said, it is probably safe.

Our news tonight was about the delaying the fishing season to amateurs again and bait shops are complaining they will be out of business….Apparently according to our news program, WA is one of the leading research authorities on fishing and fishing environments that provides world wide data.

The more I think about what that Aussie man in the eastern states is suggesting about a total fishing ban for 10 yrs, the more sound his advice is sounding to me. I thought, no one will go for this idea but I’m thinking more stress should be put on the fact this generation of children need to be left something and at the rate they’re going, it won’t be.

[when I first heard him say it, I thought he was nuts]

60 Story trasnscripts…and video of the segment!

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=598914

The more I read about other places and see the graphic images of pollution along with dead and dying wildlife, the more I strongly feel governments should be stepping in and they could do something a relieve the people whose businesses would or have suffered.

Not so long ago, our ABC reviewed the big oil spill from the Valdez in Alaska and how that still hasn’t been rectified. So there are two states in America that have problems with pollution….Alaska and Hawaii.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!