Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 11:51:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Medical Shows.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Shows.  (Read 529 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: August 28, 2008, 03:37:31 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Real life Tragedy has struck one of my favourite TV shows....Mark Priestly who plays a nurse of the show tragically killed himself last night....poor guy....I wonder what drove him to it....so sad.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=622095

All Saints cast 'struggling with Priestley death'

Cast and crew of the TV series All Saints are struggling to come to terms with the death of cast member Mark Priestley, the Seven Network says.

A spokeswoman today confirmed the actor, who played nurse Dan Goldman in the long-running drama, took his own life.

She said the cast was "devastated" when informed this morning on set, particularly Jolene Anderson, who played his on-screen wife.

It has also emerged that Anderson injured her arm when her car was struck by a truck in an accident yesterday.

"They were incredibly close, their two characters just got married," the spokeswoman told AAP.

"Like other members of the cast and crew, Jolene is struggling to come to terms with the death of her dear friend overnight."

The spokeswoman said Priestley had been proud of Anderson's theatre musical role in Tell Me On A Sunday.

"No one loved her doing it more than Mark, he was thrilled," she said.

The "very close, tight-knit group" were informed on set and filming was called off for the day, she said.

"They were devastated so we closed the set immediately as people were trying to come to terms with the tragedy," the spokeswoman said.

"We'll endeavour to get back to filming tomorrow."

Priestly's death is the latest in a string of incidents to rock the cast this year. In June, cast member Virginia Gay was allegedly mugged in Sydney.

Her alleged attackers also have been charged with murder over the bashing death of a chef.

It is believed 32-year-old Priestley killed himself by jumping off a building in Sydney's CBD.

Police confirmed the body of a 32-year-old man had been found on the awning of a building in Market Street late yesterday afternoon.

A police spokesperson said the incident was "definitely not being treated as suspicious."

Priestley was reportedly suffering from depression.

In the show's most recent episode, Priestley's character Dan Goldman married his fellow nurse Erica Templeton.

Fans of the TV show have already expressed their disbelief at the news of Priestley's death.

On Facebook's All Saint's page, fan "Trent" said he was "truly shocked".

"I had seen Mark not all that long ago in Newtown, he looked really happy and he was eating at my favourite pasta bar."

"I just can't believe that I never knew he was suffering depression.

"My thoughts are with his family and cast of All Saints."

Fans have also flooded message boards on the All Saints website, writing "RIP" tributes to Priestley.

"I am still in shock, Mark Priestley was a talented actor and one of my favourites from All Saints," one fan wrote.

"My heart goes out to his family, friends and castmates at this terrible time.... such a sad loss."

Priestley was born in Perth in 1976, attended private boys' school Aquinas College and graduated from NIDA in 1999 after moving to Sydney.

His first big TV break was when he appeared in the ABC mini-series The Farm in 2000.

Priestley also had a semi-regular role in The Secret Life of Us and appeared in Blue Heelers before his first on-air episode in All Saints in July 2004.

A keen theatre performer, Priestley had also worked with the Bell Shakespeare Company.

If you need support or information about suicide prevention contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or SANE Helpline on 1800 18 SANE (7263).

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!