Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
September 17, 2019, 08:24:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Mosaics

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mosaics  (Read 172 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: August 21, 2008, 08:43:15 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

This is my kitchen bench. I used recycled floor and/or bathroom tiles leftover from building my house….also, some of the blue tiles collected from junk piles on other building sites around me…The only cost was about $60 worth of liquid nails….but the time it took to create was 2 full weeks laying on the ground until I finished it….that was mainly the large area and another 3 days to do the smaller side…it was painful, physically but I did it anyway…..lol.

It was my very first project so I did make some mistakes….one main mistake was NOT drawing a scene in the first place….I should have done that but now it is too late….no one notices it, they’re just impressed I thought of doing it in the first place......I scored the blue tiles LATER when I could have used them earlier.....hence, the path outside was made in blue.....the whole project was eco-friendly and that was my main aim....to turn what was headed for the dump into works of art....even the boards I do it on are new pieces from building sites tossed onto junk piles.....the cut-offs

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!