Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 19, 2024, 01:41:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Americans - About Medicare

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Americans - About Medicare  (Read 101 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: August 14, 2009, 07:51:04 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I believe many people in the USA are worried about their health care system....this is how it works in our system..

For the sake of ease, let me use a figure of 100,000 income….obviously incomes vary form 20,000, 50,000 to over 100,000 dollars a year….

This is how medicare works…..it started in Australia as a 1% levy on income tax and now it is 3%....

If you earn 100,000 a year, your levy is 3,000 a year to medicare….

Lets say a person who earns 100,000 in the USA has a tax return of $20,000…..well, instead of getting the $20,000 back, you get $17,000 because the Taxation department keeps 3,000 and that goes to the medicare fund…you don’t even see it or miss it...

Now, ALL doctors are free, and all public hospitals are free….

However, when you visit the doctor, say the visit costs you 50 dollars…medicare pays 85% of that and you pay the 15% gap…..so a visit to the doctor costs you $7.50…

Elective surgery there is a waiting list, [that is a pain in some countries] but emergency surgery is immediate and free….like being involved in a car accident and having to get your arm sown back on…lol

Everyone who earns over say $20,000 a year has to pay the 3% levy on their incomes….so rich people have to pay more….medicare doesn’t cover dental insurance in my country but Japan has both medicare and dental care free….

Medicare is compulsory and private health insurance is elective….

I hope I have made it simple….

The American public needs to be properly informed so they aren't so scared of it…

The problems you get from Medicare can be that, everyone starts going to doctors for every little thing….and doctors cheating the system by making false claims and in a country your size, you probably will get fraud.

Bill Clinton in an interview with our Andrew Denton one time on our ABC said his biggest regret during his presidency was not having implimented medicare.....so this isn't like anything new to your government officials...

medicare has problems...it isn't problem free....and the thought of doing it in your country with 300 million scares the bejeezus outta me...lol...I'm glad i'm not sitting in an office typing up the red tape...

good luck with it..

You'll all be fine....the rest of us are....the hospital system is going to explode with job creation for starters as the baby boomers age....you need to do something really quickly..... 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!