Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 11:48:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Gervasen

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gervasen  (Read 206 times)
Sloane

The vision must not die.

« on: August 14, 2008, 04:30:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

The old Gods were content and the people prospered. The children played beneath the golden disc and their limbs grew strong and brown.
We sang the old songs to the Goddess the ever changing, to grant us dreams of joy. We lived out our days in a land rich wtih every comfort, thinking it would always be that way.

The voices of the departed speak: "Tell our story," they say.
"For it is worthy to be remembered."

And so I take my pen and begin to write. Perhaps writing will ease these long months of confinement. Perhaps my words will earn a measure of the peace that has been denied throughout my life.
In any case I have little else to do, I am captive, made prisoner here. So, I will write for myself, for those who come after, and for those voices that cry out not to be forgotten.
Report Spam   Logged

Mine is a different path and I must follow where it leads.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sloane

The vision must not die.

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 05:24:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Alimar was a busy city, not over large, not as big a Tur Geon, the city of the temples, but blessed with a deep bay so that traders from other kingdoms called frequently to provision themselves for the long jouney south across the great waters.
This day the market stalls rang with the chatter of trade.

On this morn, the eve of Beltane, dark clouds had obscured the sky and icy blasts struck the lands, bringing sleet and snow from over the sea.
Men muttered to themselves and made the sign against evil as they threw extra furs over their horses, mounted and rode up river.
Report Spam   Logged

Mine is a different path and I must follow where it leads.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!