Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
April 16, 2024, 02:16:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

TWaP and CO

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: TWaP and CO  (Read 2366 times)
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2009, 06:13:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

And Bra1n isn't having much better luck with his Third Rail forum

3rd Rail was most interesting in the early days, when there was some conflict over things.  As it settled in, it got less and less interesting.  Corningstone's meltdown over being flamed there and her subsequent quitting was funny.  He return, pretending that she was "taking a course" was even funnier.  However, after she left due to the botched Board Raid on that teenager's christian forum, the board got boring real quick.  Demeter's Daughter quit soon afterwards, and it soon became a leftist forum where people either all agreed with them or the leftist's dogpiled those who didn't.  Arete soon learned this, as her spam got quickly kicked to the curb.

I haven't read but one or two posts there in the last few weeks. Boring. It doesn't even seem like Murat is enjoying himself.

Once they lost their "fire" that was it.  I rarely read it now.  I skim it occasionally, but it seems the same as any other leftist political forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2009, 06:15:13 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

By the way, the forum they "raided" ended up closing down.  The owner turned out to be a rather controversial individual on the web.  I don't think they realized this when they raided the place, however.
Report Spam   Logged
The Wise and Powerful
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2009, 06:17:54 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Trinity needed help, and by the time I found out she was having major problems doing the merge, it was too late.

All the archives of FC was gonna be set up as a "read only" section using a separate server.

I did let all the FC members know they'd lose whatever they had in their PM's well in advance.
Report Spam   Logged
The Wise and Powerful
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2009, 06:19:22 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

By the way, the forum they "raided" ended up closing down.  The owner turned out to be a rather controversial individual on the web.  I don't think they realized this when they raided the place, however.

A failed raid sounds like something that The Poofer would have been the mastermind of LOL
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Making it a separate forum that was read only was about the only way to do it, unless someone wanted to spend years renumbering all the data.  But like I said, if the server was over loading then the only way to go about it was to break up the data into smaller chunks.  For a forum having tens of thousands of posts this could take a lot of time, as well.

The place 3rd Rail raided was run by a guy called Venomfangx.  

http://howgoodisthat.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/venomfangx-has-his-youtube-account-and-website-shut-down/

Apparently the guy eventually accused someone of violating the DMCA, which turned out to be false.  Venomfangx had to apologize publicly for this

As I said, I don't think Bra1n and co realized how notable the guy was or what happened after their raid on the forum.

Rereading the posts in their board raid thread, it's clear Bra1n didn't realize the girl was 16 when he made his comments about her.  He failed to read the post before his or the person (who stated she was 16 in his post) posted around the same time Bra1n did.  Still, it ended up creating the conflict which apparently led to VC and DD leaving.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2009, 06:28:08 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have an archive here with only one match....it was the Halloween match...

I also backed it up on another freebie site....had I known things were going to go awry I could have saved much, much more…..

I'm into preserving history but I only have one pair of hands....lol
Report Spam   Logged
The Wise and Powerful
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2009, 06:47:02 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I also backed it up on another freebie site....had I known things were going to go awry I could have saved much, much more…..

I have a lot saved, but with geocities shutting down free websites on October 26th, I simply don't have the time to reorganize everything.

I also have four websites hosted by a guy who's in jail for drug dealing or pr0n hosting.

His servers somehow keep running without him, but without updates for the last three years...I can't even FTP **** in there anymore.

Of course, one of these decades I'll drop dead and it wont matter anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2009, 06:52:55 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have a lot saved, but with geocities shutting down free websites on October 26th, I simply don't have the time to reorganize everything.

I also have four websites hosted by a guy who's in jail for drug dealing or pr0n hosting.

His servers somehow keep running without him, but without updates for the last three years...I can't even FTP **** in there anymore.

It reminds me of how goops wanted her own forum to live on beyond her passing.  So she asked me to take it over and move it to a new host if she died.  About a month later she passed away.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2009, 07:05:32 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yep....that happens...people die and so do their life longs work....

use the archives here you want..but you know what TWaP Kiwithrottlejockey downloaded all of msn so you may have your sites saved and don't know it...Kiwithrotllejockey was stealing all their bandwidth.......and they didn't know about it...he has claimed to save all of msn groups...

just give me bit to find his claim...
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2009, 07:13:38 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't know where to look...I just tried my admin here....I think it will be quicker going to Megans board and checking KTJ posting history.....it will take me awhile.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2009, 08:15:30 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

hahahaha, look what I found going through my old posts...

Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2009, 08:30:41 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

OK, this is taking me forever. Kiwithrottlejockey got banned and came back in Megan's group with Kiwithrottlejockey Again and only has a 400 post history which I checked.....now he is back with is original nickname Kiwithrottlejockey and I just PM'd him asking for those old posts....I'll have to wait for him to PM back with results....until then, I'll keep searching my records.....**** I talk alot....someone should stop me...lol
Report Spam   Logged
icy

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2009, 08:26:05 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Maybe that's because caskur put the avatar on
my account as well.

amongst other things but you already knew that, didn't
you.  Of course you did.

Have proof Caskur did the deed??

Icy added the picture herself.

Damion everyone already knows you changed my siggie and
my avatar and you keep doing it so I'm just leaving it.  You did
it to others as well so we all know who the liar IS.

That's a fact. 

I'm not worried at all about what your TWaP or sting or
any other weak minded fools that might wander in this
joint think.  What they do not know doesn't matter to me.
The important people that matter K N O W.
That's all that matters.

^^^^Yes, this post belongs here.  Unlike you, I can't
be here 24/7 to post comments to your lies and rhetoric.

TY
have a nice day!

Report Spam   Logged

caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2009, 08:27:40 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wrong....I changed the siggie....I had NOTHING to do with the avatar...
Report Spam   Logged
icy

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2009, 08:29:41 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, at least you admit to changing my signature.
That's a step in the right direction. 

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!