Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 28, 2024, 02:29:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Rag Heads Demand Legalized Polygamy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rag Heads Demand Legalized Polygamy  (Read 481 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: June 25, 2008, 09:41:34 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

I hope not....the welfare  systen will buckle under the run on welfare payments....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/25/2285395.htm

Islamic leaders call for recognition of polygamous marriages
Posted 11 hours 57 minutes ago

Islamic leader Keysar Trad says if a woman wilfully commits to the relationship it should be recognised. (John Immig)
At least two senior leaders of the Islamic Community in Sydney are calling on the Federal Government to recognise polygamous marriage in order to protect the rights of women.

They know it is illegal in Australia but even so, the Islamic leaders say it is happening in their community and the Government should not turn its back on those who choose to do it.

Keysar Trad is the president of the Islamic Friendship Association of Australia and also known as the man who used to represent the controversial former Mufti of Australia Sheikh Taj el-Din al-Hilaly.

He says it is time Australia recognised polygamous marriages if that is the will of the woman.

"We, as a society, should say okay well if this woman has wilfully chosen to enter into this relationship, make a lifelong commitment to this person, to be married. It shouldn't matter," Mr Trad said.

"If it was a business and the business had four partners, we'd recognise that. But why don't we recognise it when it comes to consensual relationships amongst adults?"

Speaking to Triple J's Hack program, Keysar Trad revealed that he once proposed to another woman with the consent of his wife, Hanefa.

"I certainly would not have entertained the thought of having a relationship without a religious marriage," Mr Trad said.

"Rather than entertain any thoughts of an affair, I thought the only decent thing to do was consider a proper commitment to that person."

Hanefa Trad admitted some of the marriages were about men wanting sex with more women.

But she said if the relationship was done in the right way it could avoid the man going to a prostitute or dating a woman for one night and leaving her.

Bigamy and polygamy are illegal in Australia but in the Islamic community, people get around the laws by marrying in religious ceremonies performed by Sheikhs.

Sheikh Khalil Chami is with the Islamic Welfare Centre in Lakemba. He says he gets asked to conduct such ceremonies almost weekly but declines.

"There is a lot of share here without any qualification. Without any place. They'll conduct their marriage, no problem at all," Sheikh Chami said.

He says the Federal Government should register polygamous marriages.

"Especially with the Attorney-General, we can start something... open the door for all this thing," Sheikh Chami said.

"So I think, if it has been allowed in a way, everyone will have control over this thing."

But Attorney-General Robert McLelland is standing firm on the issue, saying the practice is against the law.

"There is absolutely no way that the Government will be recognising polygamist relationships," Mr McLelland said.

"They are unlawful and they will remain as such."

Undeterred, Keysar Trad says he is hoping to find another wife to join his family, to do so, he says, would be to honour his first wife.

-Adapted from a report by Alison Caldwell for AM

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 03:24:39 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why would anyone want more than one spouse?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:29:38 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why would anyone want more than one spouse?

Welfare benefits.

An example of that would be, two wives with 5 kids apiece earns a fair amount of cash from the Australian government. It works in countries with strong welfare systems like the UK.

The children are "used" as a commodity.
Report Spam   Logged

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:13:53 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

That's sad, really.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 12:31:32 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

There was a Muslim man questioned in Australia by journalists and asked why he had two wives....both wives had been given houses by the government...so the man had two households.

The bastard and his wives, were born overseas.

I can't imagine going to their countries to live and their government giving me a free house and a check in the bank every week....why are they getting away with it?
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 01:41:15 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

If “polygamy,” is granted to Muslims, then will women be allowed as many husbands as they  like?

I saw a show once that was possibly set in India where one girl was the wife of 9 brothers. Sounded like an excuse to have a sex slave to me.

The oldest brother was 15 and the brothers went down to 6 or 7 yrs of age.
Report Spam   Logged

Outlawed
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 03:27:26 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

It will start getting complicated when homosexuals are granted polygamy rights.

Has anyone thought that far ahead?
Report Spam   Logged
Assassino Requintado
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 06:57:10 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

If these people want their polygamous marriages recognized, the entire brood should be consiered one household and required to live under one roof. If Caskur's claim is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it is not, it's a farce for the government to be paying for separate households for each spouse.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 07:07:35 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

There appears in the UK, Australia and to an extent, the USA that illegal and legal migrants have special rights to tax paying citizens. That is wrong and people need to speak out about it.

It is a left-over moral value about giving more to guests/visitors, than yourself.
Report Spam   Logged

Assassino Requintado
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 07:25:12 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ilegal immigrants shouldn't have any rights at all, and they should be deported immediately upon their discovery. It sickens me that in the U.S., illegals can apply for and receive social service benefits, Medicaid and food stamps, and get them faster than citizens. I even believe - although I could be wrong about this - that the forms are in Spanish as well as English and interpreters are available to ease the process for these lazy criminals.

If they want to emigrate, they should do it the right way. And if they're seeking political asylum, they should do that the right way as well, but most of the lazy hispanics in this country just slither across the border because they want their kids born here, and they want to make money in the U.S. and send it back "home." (They all call their country of origins "home." If that's home, you lazy wetback, then go back there.) They cram 20 people into a 2 bedroom house, get on welfare, work off the books, and send it all back where they came from. Then when one of them gets shot in a gang drive-by (which is a terrible thing, no one deserves that so don't get me wrong) they have **** fundraisers to send the body back. It's disgusting.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 07:54:10 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

AS,

I just reposted an article from Canada that addresses their immigration reform...it is quite good...have a read of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!