Xtra Smileys
[Open]
Flame Damnation
March 19, 2024, 12:32:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Login Register  

Hellstrom Help or Daz

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hellstrom Help or Daz  (Read 114 times)
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« on: May 03, 2009, 07:12:17 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

HELP ANYBODY!!!LOL

I went a few days ago and bough a brand new computer. Hubby bought phone line and some sort of thingy with three holes that you stick the phone line in. He came home drilled a hole in the ceiling and proceded to run the phone line upstairs to where me and the dolls set the new computer on a table to await instructions from hubby as to what to do next..lol

Hubby said OK my job is done you all hook the thing up .So we did. My poor little heart sank like a **** rock when doll informed me that the computer did NOT have a place to hook a phone line in Shocked.... I had doll dial the number on the box( sure enough the man could NOT speak english...lol)and asked him where the phone line goes. The man on the phone told matt it DIDN"t have a connection for  dial up..insert mad as hell face here..lol

I am sitting here shaking my head..wondering if there is ANY KIND of device made that will convert a computer that ain't got a phone hook up into one that has a phone hook up. 

The name on the usless to me computer (I ONLY GET DIAL UP..lol)

Windows Vista

HP Pavilion

a6763w

Does any one know if i can make a way to hook the phone line to my new computer?Huh?

I know somebody out there is laughing ther ass off at my situation . I GOT TO laugh Cry

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:12:07 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/804953

They can buy a usb phone line modem for the computer and it would plug into a URB port on their computer.

The price of modern computers..since most people use cable or DSL they aren't including telephone modems.

Or they can buy a telephone modem card and insert it into the computer, but that requires opening up the side of the computer.

Best bet is to go to the store where they got the computer and buy a usb telephone line modem.
Report Spam   Logged
caskur™
Swing Voter
Administrator

Tortured Artist

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 10:37:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I gave her the message...omg, I didn't know what she was talking about....lOL
Report Spam   Logged
Damion Hellstrom
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:42:17 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

Laptops often do not include a telephone modem because everyone is either using cable, DSL or wireless.

Apparently a lot of desktop computers are being made the same way.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site!